Unforgettable Memory | Teen Ink

Unforgettable Memory

It all stars back to when my sister had her fist child. At the time, she was really heavy into drugs, so she was always busy doing everything and anything to get drugs as soon as possible, therefore she never took care of her kid. Since she was never home and I was the one who always took care of her child. Everyday we ere together and pretty soon I fell in love with him and he fell in love with me. Since he never saw his mom he thought I was his mom. It even got to the point to where he called actually called me his mother. School started up again and so I really couldn't keep an eye on him until I got back home at 3:30. One day I came home from school and my nephew was crying really bad. He was hallucinating and grabbing the air around him like there was another life that only infants could see. I held him in my arms and tried to get him to calm down and relax, but he just kept crying louder. Then in an instant the doorbell rang and I ran to my room, locked the door, and turned up some music so that I could sing to him.
About five minutes later there was a knock on my door. With fear flowing through my body, I slowly walked to my door and opened it. Standing outside of my door was my mother, and some lady that I didn't recognize. I stood there just studying her for any clues that might give her purpose her away, but she left no trace. They went to sit down in the living room and told me to come, so I grabbed my nephew and went in the living room. I took a seat in between the both of them, still holding my nephew tightly. The lady looked at my with her baby blue eyes and then