All the Difference | Teen Ink

All the Difference

By windswift DIAMOND, Arvada, Colorado
windswift DIAMOND, Arvada, Colorado

let it burn, suffering teaches the soul; let it grow, love nourishes the heart.

I want you to know that I still love you, if It's possible, even more so than the day you passed. It hasn't been an easy two years since you departed this world, I lost my path to that of darkness, the very thing we fought so hard against. I apologize to you, I disgraced everything we love about each other, all that we stand for, I fell into evils hold. I hope you can forgive me for my mistakes, even tho0ugh they are many, and there effect has been profound. What bothers me most is that I've thrown everything we were in your face; after yo passed away, I crumbled into oblivion, taking our plans and actions and used them against our own construction. I ask for forgiveness, because in order to really move on, I need to know that you are willing to restore our love to what it once was, to continue to love me with all your heart.

I am ready to move on, ready t accept that you are gone, but a part of our love will always remain, because love is thicker than blood. I want to pick up were we left off, to be a art of the solution, to help create a world that is closer to a utopia. I can't help but to imagine how far we would have been had you not passed, yet I have set us back, and now intend to once more push forth, to put in action our plans. I know I can do i, and it will be the most difficult thing ever done, but I must be the one to do it, because I am the only one who has been born into It's destiny. I will give my life to our cause, our plans, because in my heart, It's the right thing to do, the only road that will lead to something better, for all of those who will come after me. I must give everything I have for the possibility that others may feel the way we do, and to give them the security to do what we have. I am ready to change the world into a better place, a place where love exists in all places, all over the world, where weapons are lied down to be replaced with peace. I will do it, I will teach others to do it, and together we will help world become a better place. I will let nothing stand in my way, like you let nothing stand in yours, and I, like you, will sacrifice my life for this belief, and when my time comes, we will once more join hands, and look back at a world in which we have made all the difference.

Hell, hell is what it takes to forge something like this. Not just any hell, but the hell of having only pain to feel and to remember and to surround you. It is where we are headed.