Ohio State University | Teen Ink

Ohio State University MAG

Columbus, OH: Ohio State University was what I imagined it to be – and more. I fell in love with everything I saw on campus. Ever since I was a kid I have dreamed of becoming an Ohio State student. It has so much to offer.

The campus is located in the capital of Ohio – Columbus – which is a big city with everything in it. The campus itself is also large. Everything is spaced out, but I would enjoy the 15-minute walk to my classes. It would give me exercise and allow me to see the beautiful environment.

The Oval is the main area in the middle of the campus that provides an area for students to enjoy extracurricular activities. They may lie on the benches and study, or play football and Frisbee in the grass. There are a few other ovals throughout the campus where students can hang out.

Ohio State just built a new recreational center. This 5,000-square-foot facility includes two turf soccer and lacrosse fields, four hardwood basketball and volleyball courts, and an amazing climbing wall. Everything you need to keep in shape and stay in tune with your athletic skills is in this building.

Ohio State is also known for its busy environment. Columbus is a great city with lots to do. Driving through the campus you will always find your way to High Street, the busiest road packed with fast food and dine-in restaurants. This is where students can enjoy themselves on weekends.

Another amazing aspect of Ohio State is that the people are great. Everybody welcomes you wherever you go. I have never met so many nice people in my life.

The tuition for an in-state student is $8,700. On-campus living costs are $7,300, which includes a meal plan. For those from out of state, the total cost reaches $21,000. Even though the cost is a little high, it seems like it is well worth it.

I had lots of stories about Ohio State to share with friends when I returned. I was only there for a weekend and I had so much to talk about. I expected the campus and atmosphere to be great, but it was better than I ever imagined. I knew when I left Ohio State that it would be one of my top choices. Ohio State University should be considered by students across the country.

Find more at www.osu.edu.