Monmouth College | Teen Ink

Monmouth College MAG

By Anonymous

    Monmouth, IL: One of thebiggest decisions of your life is choosing a college. Should you go to schoolsomewhere hot, close to home or far away? A good choice would be MonmouthCollege, a private four-year liberal arts school in one of the best communitiesin Illinois.

Monmouth College has an undergraduate enrollment of 1,250; 45percent are men, 55 percent women. There are 72 faculty members, almost 90percent of whom hold the highest degree in their field. The student to facultyratio is 14 to 1 and the average class is 20 students.

The small classsizes make it easier to learn difficult subjects and have closer student-teacherrelationships. One of the very small down sides of the college is the campus. Itseems really crowded and kind of confusing. If they could get some more landmaybe they could expand.

At Monmouth you can major in just about anyfield. The education department is one of the best in Illinois.

Monmouthis one of the more affordable private colleges in Illinois; almost 98 percent ofstudents receive financial aid. One of the more unique aspects is they havescholarships for bagpipe players. If you are one of the talented people who playthe bagpipe, you could receive a scholarship to attend Monmouth, one of the bestliberal arts schools in Illinois.


Reviewed in 2001