University of Delaware | Teen Ink

University of Delaware

By Dreamer21 PLATINUM, Hockessin, Delaware
Dreamer21 PLATINUM, Hockessin, Delaware

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

University of Delaware, DE: I know how stressful it is for students while in high school to decide on what their major should ultimately be and what school they should go to for college. I have gone through it and my sister is going through the exact same process this year. One school that I recommended to her is the University of Delaware, in Newark Delaware. The campus is lovely and the classes and teachers are all wonderful and very helpful. There are many clubs that you can take part in as well. Personally, I am a part of the 8-Bit Orchestra (a non-auditioned orchestra that plays video game music) and I am a part of the University’s anime and manga club as well. During the first week of every fall semester, an activities night takes place allowing students the chance to find clubs and sign up for information about them. There are many different majors that a person can take part such as Education, Engineering, Nursing, etc. There many other offered majors as well that you can look through at this website to find exactly what it is you would like to learn: http://www.udel.edu/admissions/majorfinder/index.html

I was accepted into the University of Delaware in 2011 and proceeded to take classes that corresponded with my major; Biological Education. After a while, I realized that this program wasn’t for me and I was interested in changing my major. Many students in college learn that their major isn’t something that they want to do, but they might be afraid to switch to another major they would be interested in. This is something that I found stressful in college myself, but changing my major was probably the best thing that had ever happened to me. I remained in the Education department, but decided that I wanted to teach English more. Eventually, I did change my major and my teachers all helped me get through the transition. This is something that I love about University of Delaware. The advisors are so supportive and are willing to do anything to help you find your calling.

So, if you want to go to a school that is willing to help you reach your goals the University of Delaware might just be for you. For more information about the University, check out this site: udel.edu

I am a Junior English Education Major at the University of Delaware