My Last Memory | Teen Ink

My Last Memory

By AngelMRaven BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
AngelMRaven BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

It was Friday the 17th. I was home alone; my mom, brother, and sister were gone. I wasn't sure where, but I know sometimes they leave without me when they can't find me. I was in my living room watching a horror movie. It was getting dark and it started to rain. I could hear the rain drops tapping on my roof top. Heavy rain drops at that. I could hear the people screaming in the movie. Screaming in terror. Silence suddenly filled my living room. The screaming stopped. The TV turned off.

"It must be the storm,"

I thought to myself. At that time the TV turned back on. The people were screaming again. A small smirk of satisfactory lit across my face. Happy to see the TV was back on. Silence again. The TV turned back off. The smirk disappeared and I narrowed my eyes. The TV started to turn on and off, on and off. I was starting to get irritated, listening to the screaming coming then going. A small part of me felt fear, so I unplugged the TV. Everything was silent again. I was in the dark. Being that the TV was the only thin on. Well that and the bathroom light. I went to flicker the living room light on. No avail. All the lights were off because of the storm. The only light that was on was, like i said before, was the bathroom light. That left only one thing to do. Take a bath. I wasn't really in the mood for a shower. I walked through the kitchen to the bathroom. I turned the hot water on and went back in the kitchen, looking for a snack while I waited for the tub to fill up. Slowly everything started to spin. I got light headed. I started to hear voices muttering things to me. Either that, or I was talking without realizing it. The spinning, the voices. Was i going insane? I felt fear rush and tingle through out my body. Soon the pressure became too much and i collapsed. Darkness. Nothing.

About an hour later, I woke up. My eyes were heavy. The lights were back on and i slowly got up. My legs were a bit wobbly. I remembered the water was still running, so i slowly walked in the bathroom. The floor was wet and the tub was over flowing. I walked to the tub and turned the water off. I put the toilet seat down and sat. My head was still in a fog as i stared at the over filled tub.

"My head..."

I whispered in the slight pain of a head ache. As I stared at the water, I noticed a dark crimson color filling the clearness of the water. It slowly started spreading till the water was completely red. "What the hell is that?" I reached my hand out into the water, and when I pulled my arm back, my eyes widen. The water turned into blood! I just sat there in shock. I stared at my hand. What's happening? I really must be going scary. Most people would have already left, but poor me, I was paralyzed in shock. A high pitched scream tore through my ears. Then a woman flashed out the tub of blood and grabbed my face. Brown eyes, staring deathly at my own. Her skin was freshly stained in blood. The woman... The woman was me! Her hair covered in blood, her clothes covered in blood, her skin covered in the dark red. Wait! What am I saying?! That’s my hair, my clothes, my skin covered in the thick crimson! I was so horrified, I shut my eyes waiting for the worst to happen. Everything became silent again. Nothing happen, so I slowly opened my eyes. Nothing was there. Finally, I felt my body twitch. Able to move again. I got up from the toilet seat and a little freaked out, I slipped and hit my head on the sink and everything went black.

When I woke up, I wasn't in my bathroom anymore.. To make things stranger, I wasn't even at home! I was in a simple dark room with one window that had bars on it, and one sturdy mat on the floor. The only light in the room was that of the moon, shinning through the bard up window. I groaned in pain as I slowly sat up, not thinking. My hair... The hair all over my body suddenly started to stand on end. Scared. Terrified. To make things worse, I saw a dark, tall figure in the shadows, and the small light in the room shinned on his clean, white shoes. He walked into the light so I could see his face. The light of the moon revealed that he was young with dead white hair, and chocolate brown eyes and a seductive smirk on his face. I slowly got up. Sore and frightened, I questioned him.

"Where am I? Who are you."

He said nothing ,leaving me in the dark about his plans. His smirk grew into a smile and he slowly walked towards me. With every step he took forward, I went backwards. Each step he took forward was smooth and confident, while mine were simply uncertain and shaky. He kept moving towards me while backed away until there was no more room left to go. I was backed up against the wall. He was about two inches away from me and a small chuckle came out his mouth.

"I am the thief of souls from the underworld."

He answered my questioned.

"And I come to take you soul!"

With that, he grabbed my hair, twisted me around, so that my back was facing him.

"Soon you'll be part of my collection!"

He hissed with venom dripping from his every word. At that existence a sharp pain in my neck began to rush through my body. When I realized what he'd done, I was suddenly inspired by fear I'd never thought I could feel now. He cut my throat! The dread! The uneasiness, the strange frightening sensation; It was a nightmare. I fell to my knees and watched the blood fall and drop to the ground like i was a faucet. The guy just stood there and laughed. After that, my vision started to haze. Everything went black once again.

Soon the darkness faded away and I was here. I was in the house of captured, magnanimous souls. It's been many years since that day and only one memory runs through my mind. Rewinding and replaying forever. I no longer remember my name. I no longer remember how my family looks or sounds. I can't even remember the reason why this happen to me. All I can remember is that one night. A night of agitation and anxiety caused by his presence, an imminence of danger. My only memory. My last memory.

creativewriter144108 SILVER, Keizer, Oregon

Bam-What??!!

OMG this story was so freaky but it was amazing! I loved it..I want to read mre!..I could totally imagine the pictures in my head...That was amazing!

Nimra BRONZE said...
Nimra BRONZE, New York, New York
This story was wonderful! You put so many descriptive words into it!

Laxfender SILVER, Airmont, New York

You miss 100% of the shots you never take
-Wayne Gretzky

Nice job :) Kinda creepy, but thats what kids like us love to read

Allicat001 SILVER, Waukesha, Wisconsin

"Love is not someone you can live with, love is someone you can't live without."

"Always stand up for what's right even if that means you're standing alone."

This was a good concept and I liked it a lot, though there were a few grammatical errors, otherwise good job:)

Hilidan SILVER said...
Hilidan SILVER, Istanbul, Other
Great!It captyred my attention all over the story.The topic is very creative and I liked the title.

umadbro BRONZE said...
umadbro BRONZE, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Cool story, actually kept my attention somewhat.

Savannah000 said...
Savannah000, Waukesha, Wisconsin
This story was really good and exciting. There were quite a few parts that made me wonder but over all it was amazing. Wondering though out the entire peace makes it better in my point of view

tfarrell000 BRONZE, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Nice and creative story. It is some what scary, but it is done quite well.

maximillion45 BRONZE, Waukesha, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Good story with some great ideas. A little revision here and their would be a good idea though.

Writer_Jordan GOLD, Ellicott City, Maryland

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

Some minor mistakes here and there, and some plot holes, but it was good.

mfischer SILVER, Northfield, Minnesota
I like it, a few mistakes, and maybe if you also explained what the man looked like and more on he storm and the house. The visual would be very clear. But for the most art it was good.

writer101 BRONZE, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania

Slowly but shurly.

There was alot of mistakes but i liked it.

MyLoneWolf GOLD, Redmond, Washington

"The time has come," The walrus said, "To speak of many things. Of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings. Of why the sea is boiling hot, and of whether pigs have wings."

There were a lot of mistakes and akward sentences that made the story hard to read. I liked the content though, and think you should keep writing :)

HEY123 said...
It was really good, but you might want to reread your stories before you post them, there were some mistakes...  Keep up the writing you were really good.

Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
REALLY!!! good story! I loved it! Hey just posted a couple of stories. Could you check them out? Just click my user name and click one of my stories. Thanks! ( Any one can check out my stories if u want too!) :)(:

rubyrainstorm SILVER, Closter, New Jersey

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
-Buddha.

I loved it! I hope you'll continue writing, and maybe with this story. Have you ever read Everlost? By neal shusterman? I think you would like it, based on your writing. 8) Keep on going!

vampiresrock GOLD, Cornish, New Hampshire

When life gives you oranges, make grape juice and sit back and let the world wounder how the hell you just did that.

i like this a lot! Kudos to you!

P.S. Could you check out my "Midnight Wolf?" i need some feedback from people that i don't know! Thanks!!!

DiamondsIntheGrass GOLD, Martinsville, New Jersey

Worry is simply a misuse of the imagination.

background info plz? y her? wattttttt?

MusicIsLife013 SILVER, New York, New York

"Light, like the flutter of wings, feel your hollow voice rushing into me
As you're longing to sing" -AFI

"Here we go again, I kinda wanna be more than friends, so take it easy on me I'm afraid you're never satisfied." -Neon Trees

i love this!! Check out some of my work! :)

Wasda BRONZE said...
Wasda BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona
very good story. i only wished you made it longer though it stoped to sudenly but other than that a very good story