from 'Autumn'(working title). | Teen Ink

from 'Autumn'(working title).

November 20, 2020
By Anonymous

There is a secret society of gyfted people, in plain sight. they all have little bones in the arches of their right foot called talents, and they each have two gyfts. Now, in this sector was a man, a villain, who kidnapped his fellow gyfteds. Nobody ever saw any of his victims again.

There was also a girl, Autumn Breeze, who could create fyre and fly. She had auburn hair and green eyes, and a fiery disposition, to match her gift and clothes. She also tended to be the most obnoxious 16 year old you could find when she wasn't at her caves, she used attitude as a shield in hostile locations. Currently she was in art class wishing it was english, and that she didnt have to wear her stupid mask. Normally she'd fly to her secret cave Equinox, high on a mountaintop that her missing dad had hollowed for her with his gift. (His gifts were burrowing through stone,and teleporting up to five feet, before that monster falcon got a hold of him... her moms were growing any plant, once, when autumn was a toddler, her mom had grown a venus fly trap so big it ate her. That was when she discovered her talent of fyre. The plant fared poorly however and was badly burned. When it tried to eat her she exploded with fyre inside it that only harmed the plant, not her. Her moms other gift was breathing in water.) but she had sprained her talent in her last crash. She was more than a tad clumsy... At last, class let out, and she went to meet her friend, Magdalene in the hall. Magdalene was gifted with minor healing and invisibility for short periods of time. Autumn called out in greeting as she tried to hide her limp. "Hey!"

"Hi!" Magdalene smiled when she saw her. 

"Tell you what, I'll fly you to Equinox if you'll heal my talent! it's only a minor sprain, I'm sure you wont get burnout!" burnout was when you used too much power. In minor cases, you get tired or have a headache. In some cases, your talent and even foot withers away. and sometimes.. you die.

"You're injured? Come here! Why do you always do this?” Magdalene said with no small amount of concern. Unfortunately, she did get some burnout, so they skipped french(their schedule was, art, french, lunch, English, history, science, math) and autumn, with her considerable strength from carrying so many people, took her tired friend to her mountain. She was the only one who knew the exact locations. Not only did she fly high enough that her friend, Clyde, who used to have the sight of an eagle, (falcon was horrible, may Clyde rest in peace), couldn't see the ground, but just to be safe she also took such a looping, roundabout way when carrying others nobody could find it.


The author's comments:

this is based on a roleplay i do with firststeps5000. if its to fast paced that's because I'm being true to the source. I'm not done yet, tho I've gotten much farther than that. if this gets positive feedback(assuming its posted before I'm totally finished) ill post up to the first time shes kidnapped.