Crazy Dream | Teen Ink

Crazy Dream

By 3monis GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
3monis GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

My eyelids droop closed as I lay back onto my bed. All fades away as yellowy green swirling with blue splashes through my head and all fades into my dreams …

“Wake up Garrett! Wake up!” My head bops up. All around me the colors and sights of Disneyworld Florida bounce around me. Richard Trevithick stands before me with a labcoat blowing in the breeze. “ Are you ok?” Richard Trevithick is shaking me awake. “What the heck?” I mean to say, but what actually happens is me nodding my head and quickly following the inventor.

Before me is a majestic creation. Palpitating with sputtering steam. Bursting forth with the force of all the waves in the Atlantic Ocean. Richard Trevithick proudly presents his creation as his invention of time travel. 

“I have no idea exactly what year or place I have landed but it sure looks like the future to me”.
“How much power does the machine use to travel through time?” I ask.

“Well,” Trevithick says “It would take 98,989,810,000,000 Jules of power generated to successfully time travel if my calculations are correct.”

My eyes go wide and Trevithick laughs.

HOLY CRAPOLA

Suddenly everything is spinning and flashing in front of me. I see a Sprite logo flash past me, Will Ferrell does a backflip past my vision. It feels like im inside a stormy and sweltering tornado. “E Pluribus Unum” I can’t even comprehend who said it as I feel myself being ejected from the swirling tornado. I close my eyes and it feels like I’m being juggled by a pinky octopus.

That was not litty.

My eyes bang wide open. I’m back in Disney and something is wrong. I can feel in my bones that someone is in danger and it feels like everyone is shouting “If only we had a Rollercoaster Engineer to help us!” yet I don’t hear a sound or see anyone. All of a sudden I see a Big Thunder mountain and a huge section of track is missing and Ryanne is in one of the trains hurtling towards the disaster. NO! 

Myles Kennedy appears out of thin air and hands me a guitar. He takes another one out of the void and we start playing. I hear him singing the lyrics to a song. 

“I cannot lie, I am barely Holding on. Caught in the myre that I have known for way too long …”

Swirling colors of light start coming out of the ends of the guitars and we are flying through the air like a well-oiled machine. I look around and a full band is there playing with us and I take the lead. I sing along with the chorus at full gusto, determined to save Ryanne. 

“I cannot fight, this worried mind. In the end it's all my fault …

The fate you find, you choose in time. When you draw the devil on the wall” 

Our guitars are roaring into the night and I feel like I am melting through time and space itself.

I dive roll and land on the ground. My steel-toed leather boots digging into dirt and soil. A mythical dragon stands before me.

“What is the largest word you know Garrett?”
I duck out of the way before getting blown back into the center of the room I am in now.

“Disestablishmentarianism!” 

The dragon succeeds.

I charge through the room and find myself in my grandma’s kitchen. I am so bewildered and confused. I say:

“I swear none of this makes any sense at all”

“Why are you swearing?” She says.

AAGH.

My head throws up and my covers drag off the sides of the bed. My alarm is blaring off with a loud guitar solo. Click I shut it off and roll my phone over to check the time. 5:45. Ugh, time for school I guess.

This is a piece that I wrote in English class.