Quick Write 27 | Teen Ink

Quick Write 27

December 18, 2023
By Anonymous

Sitting on the couch I hear the doorbell ring. I am confused. I wonder who would be at my door on my birthday. As I walk to the door I look through the window and there is a man I don't know standing out there. As I proceed to open the door I see that it is Elon Musk. I am shocked at why he is here. As we stand in silence he says one sentence to me, “You are the lucky winner today, here is your brand new tesla”. After he said that he walked away. I go into my garage and see the newest tesla model in a matte black color ready for me to drive.


The author's comments:

Dear Publication company,


Thank you for considering my work. I am an emerging writer with a growing portfolio that can be found on my website. I appreciate all the time and attention my work receives. I look forward to hearing from you.


This is a simultaneous submission. I will withdraw the piece immediately if it is accepted elsewhere.


I am a writer and student in the Creative Writing program at Holt High School. My goal for writing is to make the reader connect to my story and feel what I am telling. What I enjoy most about writing is how I can create my own story and use my creativity to make stories. My future plans for writing are to go to college and take writing classes to improve my writing even more.


Sincerely,


Tate Wilson