The Amazing Salamanders | Teen Ink

The Amazing Salamanders

September 22, 2009
By Anonymous

Once there were three salamanders, but they weren’t like any ordinary salamanders. There names were Ron, Peter and Tom. Ron played many sports and was always voted ‘Most Valuable Player’ (MVP). Peter is like Spiderman but instead of using a web, he uses vines, leaves, and twigs to swing from place to place. Tom is like both Ron and Peter but he is the smartest salamander in the rain forest. Together they use their talents to combat evil. They are known as the ‘Amazing Salamanders.’

It was quiet, too quiet. Suddenly a flock of birds began flying out of the trees, one after another. A snake was slithering up along a branch, Ron reacted quickly. He grabbed a bunch of leaves and twigs and formed a ball and a lacrosse stick. He tried throwing the ball at the snake but it clung tightly to the branch. Peter had an idea, “Ron, toss me the lacrosse stick.” Load some twigs in the net of your stick. Peter tossed over thirty twigs, he hit the snake and it made him furious. Tom said, “Might I suggest something? Quick, get a vine and tie that ball to the end of it. Hold the vine and swing the ball to knock the snake of the branch.” “It worked!” Ron said loudly. “Well, it almost worked.” When the snake fell off the branch, he slithered away. But then, he came back with more than twenty-five other snakes! The next thing the salamanders knew, they were tied around the tree. “Way to go Einstein” said Ron and Peter. “Sorry guys, I didn’t think they were that strong” said Tom. “Peter, can you give me the sharpest vine you have” said Ron. “What for?” asked Peter. “You’ll see” whispered Ron. “Now I get it, your going to make a razor to cut though the vines” said Peter. “If you’re going to do that, take my super utility belt” said Peter. “You read my mind” said Ron. Tom asked, “How long will it take?” Ron replied, “Oh about five more minutes.” In no time at all, they were free. “Now what are we going to do?” asked Tom and Peter. “We are going to sneak around this tree and run to the 14th tree to the north side of the forest” said Ron. “On my signal, we will go around the tree.” “What is the signal?” asked Tom. “I will just wave my hand.” “Ready, set, go!” whispered Ron. “What happened to waving your hand?” said Peter. “I don’t know, I just wanted to say Ready, Set, Go!” said Ron.
When they arrived at the 14th tree, they saw five hungry owls. “Oh No!”
“Here we go again!” said Peter.


Stay Tuned for the next adventure of the Amazing Salamanders.

The author's comments:
A middle school piece i thought was good then wanted to see what the world thought about it