The Fall of Humanity | Teen Ink

The Fall of Humanity

September 25, 2009
By DeathReborn BRONZE, Roswel, Georgia
DeathReborn BRONZE, Roswel, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

The night was silent; not a man dared to speak. It is against the unwritten rules of war to make a sound before combat. Never has a man broken this rule and never will it happen.

We waited for what seemed like hours until finally we heard the sounds of hooves beating against the ground. My men formed in their ranks and readied their spears knowing only death could fallow yet they were unafraid.

My heart sank as I looked upon the enemy. Their skin was as pale as death and sharp fangs grew from their lips. Fire erupted from their horses mains as they slowly trotted toward my men.

When they finally reached the front lines, they charged. They slashed through my men with claw and steel. “Fall back!” I yelled. But it was too late. My men lay dead, and those that lived were on the ground with blood spewing from their wounds.

Alone I fell back to the second line where the men were waiting. I gave them the order to charge, but within moments of reaching the enemy they were only a fountain of blood.

The enemy then surrounded me. As they slowly walked toward me, I felt scared and alone. The only thing that comforted me was the fact that it would all soon be over.

Their leader stood before me. All I could do was close my eyes and wait. I then felt cold steel slide through my flesh like a knife through butter.

I fell to the ground and knew I had failed humanity.