Lost... And Found | Teen Ink

Lost... And Found

By JHale_44 GOLD, Roseville, Michigan
JHale_44 GOLD, Roseville, Michigan

"Love is a mystery, and a lot of mysteries dont get sloved."

- Ivory Tears

They hid on top of the trees, in holes and caves, and under logs. They all were afraid of what could happen to then, or what would happen to them if they were caught. Maybe they’re nice; maybe they’re not here to capture us. Heart thought. But she knew those thoughts were foolish.

They could hear talking and yelling. Every voice they heard made them get a little more afraid.

They had been hiding for one hour now. Heart was getting sleepy. It had also started to rain. Heart loved the rain.

“Heart?” She heard some call her name. She turned from her hiding spot to see her friend Ty behind her.

“What?” She asked Ty.

Ty looked at her and said, “Heart, I was over going to the bathroom and I saw one of them.”

Heart chocked her head. “What are you talking about?” Heart asked. Ty was her best friend but some times she could be a little out of whack.

“I saw one of the guys from the ship on the Island.” She stopped to push her long brown hair from her face. “I heard him talking to another guy, but I didn’t see the guy He was talking to. But I heard them saying something about someone already being here, like undercover. And that that person had told them that we were living here.

“And they said whoever it is…” She looked afraid. “They said whoever it is, is a kid.”

Heart’s eyes got big. Ty couldn’t be saying what I thought she was saying. If she was right and had heard what she thought she heard, one of the group could be a traitor.

But that wasn’t possible was it? Heart thought. She looked over at Ty. “Are you saying that one of the group could be a traitor?” Heart asked.

She nodded. A rain drop ran down Hearts face, but she wiped it away quickly. “We have to find out who.” Heart said.

Ty bit her lip. “What, no. Wait… why?” Ty asked very quickly. Heart made a note to watch her every move.

“Um, because I don’t want someone turning us into those people, I won’t have it.” Heart said.

Ty smiled and said, “Heart, come on. The damage has already been done. Why make it worse?”

Right after Ty said that they heard a high pitched scream.

“Uvy!” Heart said. Uvy was an 8 year old little girl that was like a sister to Heart. Heart thought she was safely with her own older sister, she guessed she was wrong.

“I have to go find her!” Heart yelled. Heart jumped up and started running to where the screams were coming from.

Soon she was on the beach, to find that everyone on the Island had been captured and, she and Ty were the only two left.

Everyone may have been captured but they weren’t giving up. They were all fighting to be free.

When the men saw Heart and Ty they all started running toward them. But for some reason Heart couldn’t move. She just stood there.

They took her by the hands and cuffed her, and Ty. Heart started feeling bad about thinking Ty was a traitor.

“Why are you doing this?” Heart asked one of the men that was walking her back to the ship.

He looked down at her and laughed. He wasn’t what you would imagine. He was wearing a suit, with a little symbol on the side.

Then when they were about to get on the ship said, “Because sweetie, all children, all people, have to have laws. They have to have other people to watch over them. You Can’t just run wild.”

TallyYoungblood SILVER, Albion, New York

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, but today is a gift, that's why it is called present

this is really good. i don't know if you know this yet, but the 3rd hunger games book, Mockingjay, is coming out on August 24th.