Where Were You Last Night? | Teen Ink

Where Were You Last Night?

January 19, 2010
By violingoddess GOLD, Mesa, Arizona
violingoddess GOLD, Mesa, Arizona
10 articles 9 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
It ain't bad being good
when you feel like you can no longer stand- get on your knees
Curiousity is the mother of discovery


Last night, after my parents told me to go to bed, I pretended to go to sleep. I turned off my light and waited until my parents went to bed. Waiting for an hour or so, very nervously, listening to my sister snore and the pounding of my own heart; I got up out of my bed and went to my window. Peering out of my drapes, I saw the full moon. I smiled a grim smile and opened my window; the cold brisk air flushed through my room. I shivered in my flannel pajamas and took down my screen to the window. Stepping onto the ledge, I looked down from my second story room- I’m not scared of heights- and I jumped. Falling from my window, feeling the cold breeze run through my skin making my veins freeze. As soon as my feet touched the damp grass, I ran. I ran down my block a few minutes and then I found myself with my friends. They asked me “Where were you last night?” I told them a long filibuster just to make them be quiet. Then the adventure began, my friends and I ran all night long. This was no track meet- we were almost flying! When dawn was coming over the mountains, I had to say goodbye. I flew back home with a smile on my face. I jumped back up to my room and got ready for school. That’s were I was last night.


The author's comments:
This piece was actually a writer's promt for my writing class... It was graded an 'A' and my parents and teacher loved it, so I decided to submit it to Teen Ink! :)