Goul Achademy | Teen Ink

Goul Achademy

By PixieChick BRONZE, Cuayhoga Falls, Ohio
PixieChick BRONZE, Cuayhoga Falls, Ohio

"If the universe does not facinate you, then you have no soul"-Einstein
"Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned, they're only powerful when you got your back turned."-Eminem

Humans seem to believe that they are the only ones here on the planet. They are wrong. I used to be as ignorant as they are, but I've learned, I've learned about who and what goes bump in the night.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Marie Clem?"

I look up to see a woman motioning me into the office. Earlier today, I had gotten a letter that had told me I was to come back to school at five o'clock that evening. My parents were curious and I was mad. I have my life that does not revolve around school all the time, why would I be neede back. MOVING ON AND NO LONGER RANTING I go into the office.
There sits a man, probably no older than my father. His dark skin almost blends in with the black walls and his black hair comes to his shoulders. I nervously twirl a lock of my brown hair around my fingers. Without looking up from a folder of papers (most likely my permanent record), he motions for me to sit. He keeps flipping through the papers for a moment and then looks up at me.

"So you're Marie Clem." He said it as a statement not a question.

I nod.

"Have you been feeling...odd in the past few weeks?" He asks.

I raise an eyebrow, "Define odd."

"Such as, loosing control of your body when you see the full moon or anything that resembles it? Such as a spotlight? Your hearing and smell have heightened?" He inquires, smiling to show pointed white teeth.

I bite my lip. How did he know about my seizures?

"They're not seizures, Marie." He says.

"That's what the doctor told me." I shoot back.

"That's because the doctor has no clue how to explain what you are." He replies.

I take a deep breath just as there's a knock on the door.

"Come in, Frank." He calls.

A man--

"AHHHH!" I wail, jumping up and running over to the wall.

Frankenstein laughs and then smiles at me. His different colored eyes are kind.

"Sit, Marie." His gravely voice says, motioning to the chair.

My chest is heaving my heavy breath and I clutch my hands together.

"Come, Marie, Frank wouldn't hurt a fly. Sit." The man at the desk says.

I sit and then Frankenstein comes over and looks at my ears and then my eyes.

"The transformation is starting perfectly. It should be complete by tomorrow." He says.

The first man laughs then stands up. I now realize that he's been standing the entire time...on all eight of his legs. I feel myself pale. His lower half is that of a wolf spider!

"I'm Mr. Arachnid, principal of Goul Achademy." He says, holding out his hand for me to shake.

I numbly take it and blink quite a few times.

"Come, we'll go and get you introduced to a few other students." He starts, leading me out the door.

As we get out into the hall, students are walking around the halls mingling. There are four girls standing by my daytime locker. One has with grey wolf ears poking out of her thick black hair. Her amber eyes have pupils that are slits and her jeans and white cammi cling to her. Another has black hair in braids with a gold circlet. Bandages cover her body and her eyes are heavily rimmed with black khol and lips painted red.
The third has bright red hair pulled into a bun on the top of her head and red eyes. Her black school girl dress shows off her long alabaster legs. The fourth...looks like a fifteen year old girl version of Frankenstein.

"Girls!" Mr. Arachnid calls.

All of them look at once.

"This is Marie Clem, she's a weretiger." He says.

The red head squeals and jumps at me, clutching me in a bone crushing hug.

"Yay! I've always wanted to meet a weretiger! You'd think that after 1695 years I would have by now but they're a dying breed. I'm Isabeau Drake." She says, smiling to show pearly white fangs.

The bandaged one comes up to us. "Pardon Beau, she gets excited when there's a new student. I'm Isis Cleo."

"I'm Alexa Howl." The one with ears says.

"And I'm Zariya Grave, you've already met my dad." The final one says, waving slightly.

Suddenly, her right hand falls to the floor and skitters over to my feet. I gasp and look at Zariya.
She's made of body parts, Alexa's a werewolf, Isis is a mummy and Isabeau is a vampire.

"Welcome to Goul Achademy." They say.

remembermeplz PLATINUM, Friend, Nebraska

"when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" -- Jimi Hendrix

this is really good! I love stuff like this.

NeverCaredForKool-Aid GOLD, Elkridge, Maryland

I don't believe in hell but I believe in my parent's couch-- Watsky

Loving this!!  I never get to see any good magic-school stories anymore except for Harry Potter.  But that can get exhaustign after the seventh time through.  I hope you continue this, becasue I'm ready for some fresh meat.

I have to admit, the whole vampire/werewolf/mummy/Frankenstien thing is a bit cliche, but I'm intriged to find out whast aweretiger is exacy, even though I think I already have a vague concept :)  This was pretty cool, a nice, fun easy read :)  Can't wait for more! 5 stars.

I've been looking for some new feedback on my story, "Encounter".  Mind helping me out?  It's a little bit on the long side, (about 4 pages on word) but I think you might like it :)