An Angel, a Demon, and the Apocalypse | Teen Ink

An Angel, a Demon, and the Apocalypse

November 26, 2010
By Firebringer17 GOLD, Mayfield HTS, Ohio
Firebringer17 GOLD, Mayfield HTS, Ohio
10 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To get respect, you must earn respect, to earn respect you must give respect."


Dina stood in front of Ayden slouching with his arms crossed looking away from her on the couch in the small apartment. Dina’s skin was a milky fair white; she had perfect long lochs of blonde hair and blue eyes that glistened like glowing crystals. Ayden had tan skin, ruffled, black, medium length hair and red eyes that glowed like hellfire.

“You comfortable?” She asked, her voice sounded soothing and beautiful.

“Mm-hm.” He said; his voice was gruff and scrappy.

“I’m going to ask you a few questions, you just answer them honestly, ‘kay?”

“Whatever…”

“What did you do yesterday?”

“I had breakfast…kicked a hobo aaand flew to North Korea.”

“Any reason you flew to North Korea?”

“Uh, nope.”

“You sure?’

“Did I stutter?”

Dina held a newspaper to his face, “Could you read this article please?”

Ayden squinted his eyes, “A new study says that too much exercise can damage your—”

“Not that, Ayden,” She tapped her finger on the front article with a picture of a man in his underwear waving his hands in the air with his mouth open.

Ayden looked again, “United States Ambassador goes insane; ruining peace negotiations with North Korea…that’s a shame.”

“The man was in the least bit mentally unstable and had a Ph.D. in Political Science, Ayden, you sure he wasn’t influenced?”

Ayden gasped, “How dare you? You think it was I?”

“Ayden!” She yelled, her face now scowling at her roommate.

Ayden laughed, “Ha, ha, ha, yeah I possessed him! Awesome right?”

“Ayden, I just want to ask you one more question…At what point did you forget that WE ARE TRYING TO SAVE THE WORLD?!”

“What? America is full of idiots, I just wanted the guys over there to know the real America, not some geek in a suit.”

Dina calmed herself, “Look, I know that you might not like where we were positioned, but we have to stay hidden, do you even know what a ‘low profile’ means?”

“Psh, no one’s gonna know I did, it.”

“Regardless; and if anything, you should be on your best behavior while you’re here. Must I tell you again?”

“Oh, not this again-”

“The world will end by the hand of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, the Antichrist and the second coming of Jesus. However the Antichrist went against Lucifer’s orders and jumped the gun on the apocalypse. He took the four horsemen of the apocalypse and fled to Earth. Because of his foolish and premature actions, the natural order of the universe and the collection of eternal souls will be compromised. So God, the Holy Spirit sent me, and Lucifer sent, for some odd reason, you. We are to join forces to stop the Antichrist and subdue the four horsemen of the apocalypse.”

Ayden grabbed his hair and yelled, “Argh, I know, I know! We’ve been dispatched for two hundred years! He’s been hiding for centuries, I’m just keeping it interesting while we’re here!”


“We must remain undetected in society and to keep the flow of Earth balanced for the time being, why can’t you just behave?”

“I’m a demon.”

“Fallen angel.”

“Demon! I am a demon, don’t be politically correct, you cow!”

“Why don’t you act your age for once?”

“You mean an immortal anarchy angel? I’m sorry, I thought I was supposed to be a goody-two-shoes like you!”


“Hey, I’m not a goody-two-shoes that much!”

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah, sometimes I listen to some hardcore Christian rock.”

“Oh your god, you are such a dork.”

“Just shut up and stop messing up the world.”

“Make me.”

Dina took out a spray bottle labeled, ‘holy water.’
Ayden flinched, “Don’t you dare-”
“The power of Christ compels you…again.” Dina sprayed the bottle at Ayden several times. He hissed, bearing his mouth of sharp teeth and snake tongue. He jumped behind the couch and crawled up to the ceiling and hissed once more.
“I hate it when you do that!”
“I’m going to Bible Study with troubled mortals in the local prison. I’ll be back in a few hours, don’t track dirt on the walls.”
“I’ll try to be a good boy, mommy.” He said in a mocking voice.
“I think I might swing by the church to pick up some more holy water, you’ve been acting up a lot more than usual; that could mean the Antichrist is coming.”
***

Dina sat in a circle with nine other muscular men wearing orange suits and covered in tattoos. “So after David was thrown in the lion’s den, he prayed to God that the lions would not harm him. Even though he was trapped, he prayed for his safety, and was saved by the grace of God. Bruiser, this story of David seems like it could help you in your situation. If David had patience in a den of lions that wanted to rip him limb from limb, you can too in a prison full of blood thirsty killers.”

The man addressed as Bruiser looked down pensively about the notion she set forth to him and looked back up, “Wow, Miss Dina, I never thought of it like that.”

Suddenly Ayden burst through the door, “Dina, stop your book club, you gotta see this!”

“Ayden,” She said, annoyed, “I am in a very important session with my students.”

“Later, come on!”

“The lady said ‘later’, little man,” One of the prisoners said. He grabbed Ayden and held him down on the ground. “Please continue with the lesson, Miss Dina.

“By the blood of the d***ed I will make sure you burn in h***!” Ayden shouted, the man struck Ayden in the head and he stopped squirming.

“Thank you, Brick, but Ayden is my partner, and he may have very important information to give me. And remember-“

“Treat others the way you want to be treated, I almost forgot Miss Dina.”

“That’s alright, now let him up.”

Brick let Ayden go as he snatched himself away from the man and closer to Dina, “Dina, I think it’s happening, you gotta come outside.” He grabbed her hand and ran out of the room.

“That concludes our study for today boys, see you next week!” The men waved goodbye to the angel and the two ran out and into Ayden’s black Trans Am muscle car in the parking lot. He floored on the gas pedal and screeched down the street erratically, passing swerving cars and screaming pedestrians. “This better be good or you’re getting a bath in holy water tonight!”

“Revelations 6:2, ‘And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he sat on him with a bow: and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.’”

Dina looked at him with confusion, “You read the Bible?”

“Not much else to read here, these mortals don’t have any taste in literature. But don’t look into it, I only read the ending for my job here. Now, remember the prophecy, alright?”

“I know the Holy Bible by heart, don’t quote me, now tell me what is going on.”

Ayden turned on the radio as he ramped over an overpass and onto the highway. First there was static until he turned the dial to a station with a man speaking, “Again, we have breaking news: The President of the United States has officially resigned from office and has turned over his position to Ted White, up and coming political figure in Washington.”

“That’s insane,” She said, “He wasn’t even in the President’s political party!”

“He’s actually an Independent, keep listening.”

“President White was sworn in this afternoon, and stated in his inaugural speech that his first act as President is the declaration of war on Canada and Mexico to join them to the U.S. for a continental union super nation. In this reporter’s opinion, unity is the best course of action by any means necessary. He has already moved to the White House, though it was fairly easy for a man with no wife or children. Let’s go to the phones, callers, tell me how much you love Ted Whi—”
Ayden punched in the radio as it crackled with its least breath, “Road trip!” he yelled, and floored on the gas pedal again down the fast lane in the highway road.
“Slow down!” Dina screamed as they evaded the police and jumped over cars, “You are completely deranged!”
“I love my job!” He screamed.
***

Later in the dark evening, Ted White sat in his Oval office; he faced the window behind his desk with his hands behind his back. A secret service man, with a clean-cut face, combed hair; a black and white three-piece suit and sunglasses stepped into his office.

“Congratulations, Mr. President.”

“Thank you my boy,” He said, Ted was a man in his thirties, and probably the youngest President in history, “I look forward to my term as Commander and Chief. It’s going to be a bright future with me around, I’ll tell you that.” Suddenly the lights went off and the oval office was pitch dark, “Wha?” He said fearfully.

“Don’t worry, Mr. President, we have a generator.”

“Oh. That’s good.”

“But it won’t really work after I smashed it to pieces.” The secret service guard moved from the shadows and into the line of light from the window’s moonlight to reveal Ayden with his sinister smile and glowing red eyes.

“W-who are you?”

Just then, Dina burst threw the door, pointing a white arrow and bow with a gold elastic twine at the newly christened president. “Don’t move.”

“S-stay back,” He said, hovering his hand over a red button on the desk.

“Ha, he’s bluffing,” Ayden declared, “We took out all the secret service agents and cut the power, that button won’t do anything!”

“Well, I installed this myself.” He said reassuringly. The two widened their eyes and to their amazement he smashed his hand on the button. The White House exploded in a fiery blast of hellfire and debris. After the explosion, Ted White stood in a field of rubble and fire; he chuckled a bit, and then gradually erupted into maniacal and thunderous laugher. Then suddenly, he stopped, a large piece of rubble turned itself over to reveal Ayden, no longer in his human disguise. His muscles bulged out of his red skin; his horns protruding out like a bull’s horns, and his tail swinging about behind him. Dina emerged as well unharmed, her white skin glowing in the evening darkness, now clothed in a white dress and sandals and sprouting out white wings from her back with a wing span of twenty feet. Ayden materialized a jagged, black ax the size of a small bear and Dina summoned her white bow and arrows with a golden twine once more and aimed at the man.

“You might have guessed it already but we aren’t your average presidential assassins. I am Ayden, demon of the underworld.”

“And I am Dina, the angel of learning,” She added, “It is now certain that you are the first horseman of the apocalypse, one to set forth and conquer. Your purpose is not now, stand down or we will take you by force!”

The Ted became angry, his eyes glowed white and his muscles expanded to unimaginable sizes. He yelled and lifted his arms in the air and an invisible force tore through the area, blowing away the fire, debris and the super beings. When the dust settled, the apocalyptic horseman was the only one that stood in a burned field. Then from the distance Ayden emerged with bat wings flying him towards the president. Ted materialized a gold and black bow with arrows. He shot at Ayden and hit the unsuspecting demon with little effort. He fell to the ground and into unconsciousness, it was certain that the arrow was not of earthly properties, but neither was Dina’s. She too emerged and shot a heavenly arrow at the horseman. The horseman shot his arrow and the two projectiles met in a wild explosion of light. Ayden came back, teeth showing and ax in hand. He swung the ax at the horseman and took him down. He got back up and threw the ax back at Ayden; he caught it and flew to the doomed president.

“Your time is not now, horseman,” He said, running for the victim.

“And we shall seal you back for the true judgment day! Repent!” She shot another arrow at Ted White.

“Be d***ed!” Ayden said, and threw his ax at him as well. The two supernatural objects met at their same target simultaneously with great force. The resulting clash of Dina’s arrow, Ayden’s ax and Ted White created a fantastic light display and explosion of epic proportions. The explosion transformed into a cyclone of light that towered into the sky, and then disappeared. Ted White was nowhere to be seen, all that was left was the battleground at which they fought, and Ayden’s ax sticking into the ground. Ayden and Dina reverted into their human forms again; Ayden walked up to his ax and dematerialized it.

“That was too easy.”

“It gets even harder from here on in.”

“Well that sucks.”

“Indeed. Let’s go home.”

The two got in Ayden’s car and drove back to their apartment. After Dina fixed the radio, they could hear the news report of their battle, but it was late and they were tired of voices talking nonsense, but then they listened to a new news bulletin about the new president. “On lighter news, Tom Caslik will be taking office after the horrible attack on the White House, in his inaugural speech he said he will let President White’s goal live on and resume with the war on Canada and Mexico—” They both sighed, knowing their efforts never even slowed the Antichrist’s plan, as the first horseman did his job despite his death on the battlefield. Ayden turned off the radio and put on speed death metal to relax himself. Dina smashed the radio again after it was repaired and sat back in her seat.

“I hate you.” Ayden said.

The author's comments:
This was fun to write and fun to read, enjoy