A new World Order | Teen Ink

A new World Order

By Rivan SILVER, Westfield, Other
Rivan SILVER, Westfield, Other

Clever as the devil and twice as pretty. -Holly Black

I recoiled from the stinging sensation, which now bit into my arm. I mustered a venomous look at my dark attacker.
“I was happy! Was that too much to ask?” I demanded angrily.
Adrenaline poured and seeped into my sore body. He (not even that) smirked at me in a cruel twisted way. This was a game, a game that came at the ultimate price, Life. It smelled of eternal damnation, and a rot stench blew from him.
Then he spoke for once. “Can't you feel it? The end is near for you. But we can offer a place in our ranks for your survive. This is the start of a new world order.”
I looked at the pale upturned hand. I shuddered at this predicament. These words would seal my fate. A fate never intended upon the living. I along with the rest would die in vain.
"Never." I spat. Then his voice magnified thousands of times caused me to cringe. He was like a wrathful God he controlled the lives of many. As the words I dreaded hit me like blocks of ice. "So be it."
I awoke later. I looked at my skin to assess the damage. It was shredded like paper. I groaned. Then I looked around taking a second analysis. Then a voice rang and hurt my ears. “Why good day to you.” The white linoleum floor under me just got colder. He smirked. “Welcome to h*ll.” He stood after kneeling beside me. Tall and athletic. Cold and cruel yet oh so charming. His name was Cayden Young. He was also what you called an enemy.

This was a short piece i wrote on a bad day.

LiteraryMastermind BRONZE, Graytown, Connecticut
So... The person gets sent to hell after he refuses to join a new world order?

Kyle.Hughes GOLD, Las Vegas, Nevada

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

The fear of death is the most unjust of all fears, for there is no risk of accident for someone who's dead. -Albert Einstein

Excellent sensory images, a very interesting piece.