the resistance | Teen Ink

the resistance

By nedyac SILVER, Hillsboro, North Dakota
nedyac SILVER, Hillsboro, North Dakota

It was 2053, when an American scientist made a mass amount of robots to help people. The scientist built the robot to keep the machine control system working if the scientist died or got injured.

After a year the scientist died of mad llama diseases, so the fix bot got turned on and it fixed the control system every time it broke down. The military took one of the robots and made it into a killing machine so it can fight the war for Americans so they don’t die. When the military got the idea, after they captured, to make thousands of the robots to fight, and they did. 2 months after Americans made the robots, a war broke out in New Zealand. The Americans had no fear that they were going to lose and send all 3000 robots to kill and win the war. There were a few design problems: if shot they would misfire and kill other robots, shoot wrong people, and blow up anything near them. When Americans heard about this, they fixed the problems and sent more robots to battle. When the war was almost over a group of New Zealand soldiers ran into a canyon, a wall went up in front and behind them so the robots would not escape so they can test them. After a day of testing a robot said, “Connecting to New York command center.” Then, Ronald McDonald, general of New Zealand soon got news of that and sent a spy to New York to change the controls to kill all. The robots stared to kill all Americans and the new Zealanders though that they could take over the world, but the robots killed New Zealanders too. The robots soon took over the world and duplicating themselves to have a bigger army.

After a few years only a few people remained on earth, this was called the resistance. The resistance was a group of people who tried to kill all robots and repopulate the world and go back to a normal world. One day when a group of little boys went to the field to get food, they saw a few robots on patrol and went back to the village in the sewers of a small town. The robot patrol came and the resistance fighters jumped from small building and from behind cars and started attacking the robots. When the dust settled, the robots were died and the resistance won the part of the battle. Many days passed and a man with a big gun came by the town and he noticed a small glass of milk on a grocery store counted, so he walked over there and touched the glass, it was cold. The man said, “is there anyone here.” One little girl opened a hatch and saw the man, then he stayed and they asked why do you have the big gun. I have it because I kill the robots with it. One man said, that won’t kill the robots, they have too much armor and it can’t kill them.” The man said,” wrong, I melt the metal from the robots and make bullets and it kills them pretty good.” Two days after the man came, a patrol of 10 robots came down Main Street and the man ran to a far building facing down Main Street and set up a position on the roof. A young boy ran into the middle of the street and ran across, the man started shooting and killed the robots in a 5 minute killing spree. One day after the robots died he melted the metal for bullets for guns that they had ran out of ammo with trying to kill the robots. A boy, about 15, ran 5 miles to New York and scout out an easy route into the city to get to the command center and blow up the machine and kill all robots. When the boy got to the edge of the city, he saw a prototype of a flying robot that can see anything from the sky. He ran back to the city and found one of the flying robots down on the ground with a bullet through the cockpit of the flying machine. he went to the leader of the group and said,” You have met the new robot thing.” “Yes, we have,” said the leader. That night, the resistance went out to the city where the robots base was, and waited for a good route to travel to the base without losing any men in the process. When darkness hit the city all the men went down a small alley with solid darkness, then another alley. At the end of the alley, they came to an overpass with robots looking for intrudes. When the problem surfaced, a young boy brought up the sewers, so the leader got an idea. The group went back a block and in the sewers and walked for 4 blocks and came out a block away from the control base. They all came out a patrol came out of a building, the man started shooting at them and killed them all. When they started to run an alarm went off and all the robots in the control base came out and started to shot and kill the resistance fighters. After 40 minutes, all the robots where dead and 5 people remained in the resistance group. The group entered slowly into the building and there were no robots in the building. The resistance leader though that it was very weird that there were no robots in the building. The group cleared 40 out of the 70 floors. When they reached the 69 floor there was a small sound of clanking metal on the floor above, so the leader put a 5 pound bag of c4 on the ceiling, and when it went off. Robots fell from the ceiling like crazy and the 5 people started shooting all the bullets they had to kill the robots and after 5 minutes the resistance was almost out of bullets. So the group of people ran as fast as they could to the bottom. Floor and the leader left all the c4 they had and detonated it, when they were far enough away from the building. When the building was on its way down it, tipped toward the group of people and they all ran to safe place and they defeated the robots and the war was over.

it was a story that i did because i saw a movie called pacific rim