The Secret in my Blood | Teen Ink

The Secret in my Blood

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

The air was dense and my chest was on fire. I tried to cling onto the tiny bit of consciousness I had left but something pulled me down deeper. It became colder. Someone's arms wrapped themselves around my waist and gave a gentle tug, trying to pull me into the water. When my body resisted to go further down, the arms tightened and I felt their struggle. But I sunk. I sent the last of my strength into making my arm lash out, clipping someone's jaw and feeling their grasp loosen.
It was then I noticed this person was trying to save me, trying to pull me up from the water and back to the shore. My body, as I feel, can no longer move. I have completely stopped moving and my breath forms bubbles in the water. I feel the air and the sand as I'm carried onto shore, and then a warmth hits me. Someone's hands press against my chest, trying to force the water in my lungs to spill out. I heard a strange sound, a light sob that breaks the silence as they struggle to keep me alive.
"Come on!!" They scream and press there lips to mine. I feel the water and my body arches up and I begin to retch all over the sand. Hands support my shoulders and try to sooth my hair back, a voice cracking with relief. I spit the rest out, breathing in the fresh air heavily. I try to turn my head but my vision blurs. My body is lifted up and I rest my head against a hot chest.
I close my eyes, not knowing if I'll wake up again.

this is going to be a part of a series. I just need to figure out some things first before I start the next part.