Describing a Place | Teen Ink

Describing a Place

By brookeybilly BRONZE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
brookeybilly BRONZE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

Sanibel Island
The strong waves crashed on the white sandy shore, each wave growing stronger and stronger. The crystal blue water shined against the beautiful sunrise. This was a paradise to me. I could spend the rest of my life there.

We were given such a short amount of time to be here. Sanibel Island, Florida. A place I could never forget. I mean, why would I? The beautiful water kissed the whitest sand. It wasn’t like the rest of Florida, hectic or filled with a crazy amount of people. This peaceful and private heaven shared with me incredible sunsets and sunrises.

We spent our first day having a family picnic on the beach; we played in the sand. When we went into the crystal blue water we could see all different kinds of sea animals around us. We saw baby turtles. They were so small, about the size of a quarter. It was so neat seeing the baby turtles. We swam out to sea, still being able to see our feet. I had never been in such clear water. It was amazing. It wasn’t too hot, but it wasn’t too cold. It was perfect. The most perfect place ever.

On the last day we were there we woke up early to watch the sunrise. It was breathtaking. The colors reflected flawlessly on the water - purples, oranges, yellows, pinks, and reds, mixed with a slight blue from the sky. The extravagant sand and water was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. If you looked close enough you were able to see dolphins jumping far from the shore.

This was my paradise. It was my perfect place. I never wanted to leave that hot Florida weather. I didn’t want to leave the most perfect place. I wanted to stay forever, I needed to stay forever.