In the hands of death | Teen Ink

In the hands of death

By GraffitiQueen BRONZE, Ganemulla, Other
GraffitiQueen BRONZE, Ganemulla, Other

Thunder clouds gathered on the western side of the sky and raged across the east. Sparks of lightening ignited into purple flames of fury among the dark clouds. The fog lay heavy as the atmosphere grew tensed with each passing second. Squalls of wind blustered against the sails setting it off in a threatening flapping against its mast .The murky waters crashed hopelessly spraying salty sea water stinging onto my skin. The atmosphere grew bleak till nothing but darkness enclosed around me.
I stupidly looked around in anguish. One thing was definite it meant death cannoned into these killer rocks. Fancy the weather changing so fast, call me an idiot. Swearing loud I tugged at the oars, the boat floated helplessly whichever path the current favoured. Damn!!! With one more powerful gust of wind the entire boat lunged forward and crashed head first on to a rock. Adrenaline was boosting hard, even in this downright cold I could almost feel the sweating dripping off my face. Another gust of strong wind I was ripped off from the boat.”Arrrrrrrrrrgh god kill me soon “I vociferated. I forced my eyelids shut, for a split second my breathing ceased. I had got myself momentarily trapped and thankfully it had prevented me torn to pieces against these jagged rocks. I could feel my head spinning fast. Ouch... I had struck it on something. Behind me the tumbling waves kept flowing which gave way to a wild instinct. Trembling with horror I turned around to witness another enormous surge of waves at least 5 meters high tumbling its way right towards this mess.
I struck the rock hard as my fatigued arm allowed with an oar and sheered the boat away just as the waves lash the rocks behind with a massive crash causing tiny splinters of rock fly. I could just picture my fate if I had caught up on it. The gash on my shoulder still kept bleeding hard, grimacing in pain I tugged hard nearly digging my own grave. The entire boat started spinning wildly, my numb head whirled .The freezing cold iced up the blood to the bones .S*** s*** s***… I fell down sloppily against the hard wood dizzily in a vain attempt to get up. Years of sailing didn't take me long to realize what games the water played with me this time. Even in this entire state of confusion it was unmistakable. I had oared into a whirlpool. Before I could even realize, I was inches beneath the surface, I was dragged down deeper by a giant force of magnetism unexplainable. The more its force exerted the more violent I kicked and lashed. Die You BETTER DIE YOU FAG all the last words of hatred echoed and rang deep inside me. I gave up hold on the oars in desperation. My breathing was chocked and short. Salt water filled my lungs. I bobbed up then down again deeper down and came up for the third time, the whirling tug of water pulling at my feet. I blindly gripped hard and steady onto something I just knew that I held on to something. I twirled and tossed and spun for the millionth time until I was desensitized. I was just there like a leaf of a tree clinging on to my dear life; at least it was dear to me now.
Something hard struck me, struck me with me immense force ripping me off whatever I was holding and threw me a good distance over the water.”Arrgh”, I groaned as I hit the water striking against the water painfully, as the twinging shot through the skin bursting through the blood like a refuelled rocket. The flickering candle of hope dimmed off. I just lay there floating all the energy drained out of my body. The only movement was the kicking of my feet to keep me on the surface as the rain continued pelting down in blinding sheets.
Then there it was gain this time not from beneath but underneath “uuurrrgh”, I let out a slow tormented moan as I was tossed upwards into the dense air again. I clenched my fists in to a ball ready to let the same agony run through me again. it never did. I fell onto something slippery and cushion like. What now the seabed???? I thought I heard a faint grunt I dismissed it angrily .And hey whatever I was on was moving now along with me “NO NOOOOOOO”, I screamed as it cut through the water swiftly.”whaooooooooo”, I just dug my fingers on to whatever I was on. My heart was pumping blood with a force it could almost burst. I was shaken by torture and pain body and soul.
Night had come on the moon peaked a glance among the dark clouds. I looked on to what I was holding. It was murky and grey as the water, its skin glistened in to moon. I held on astounded, it was a dolphin of course my guiding light, my lifesaver .I stroked its beautiful glossy skin gently. It was relief washing through me, an unspeakable gratefulness. It grunted again joyfully only this time I heard him right. Majestically and gracefully it swam through the water not once did he swerve its path unexpectedly. The fog had cleared a little I could make out faint images of cottages far way. The shore must be near I thought. It was only thankfulness that flooded from my heart. Its journey had come to an abrupt stop “ You are not leaving me right” I asked disheartened he turned its beautiful head and jerked me off its body “ stop stop”, I said laughing as I fell on to the shallow water. It spun its head once more and gazed longingly. The journey did end abrupt but it did bring me back safe. I waded across the water climbed a few boulders and reached a cave. When I looked back in to the water all it showed me was the solemn hero disappearing among the tide. It leapt out of water in a final salute of farewell and faded in the darkness.

I have always been fascinated about storms.This kinda inspired me to write this.