The War | Teen Ink

The War

January 13, 2017
By Williams13 SILVER, Wilmington , Delaware
Williams13 SILVER, Wilmington , Delaware
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm so mean I make Medicine sick.


She sleep quietly in her bed, her teddy bear wrapped in her arms tightly. The city was peaceful as everyone at this time was fast asleep, even the cattle and slumbered in the night. The little girl then woke up with a jolt. She then sat up on her bed and made her way downstairs to the drinking hole for some water. She has been having the same dream for nights now and it terrified her every time. She dreamed that her beloved city was under attack by the neighboring village, every time in her dream she stood there unable to help her family and friends as her city burned in the night. Quickly turning her home into ash. She knew this would never happen though as the neighboring village was at peace with her city for over 200 years now. At least that’s what she thought.

On her way back to bed she heard stomping, it sounded like a thousand horses all at once running. She thought nothing of this for she had seen many wild horses running in a pack before in the night. She had walked past her parents room who were fast asleep in there bed. Her father’s golden armor hung in the corner with his great sword along with it. Her father was a former general for her city but as he grew old he had stepped down from his position to spend more time with her and her mother. She crept pass their room into hers and laid in bed thinking. She wondered why she had had this dream so often and why couldn’t she stop herself from it happening every night. She had realized she was up for a much extended period of time and decided to try to get some sleep. As soon as she closed her eyes the alarms had sounded.

She quickly hopped out of her bed and rushed to her parent’s room whom already were awake. Her father was putting his armor on and her mom quickly grabbed her into her arms as the alarms grew louder. Only once were the alarms sounded it was over 200 years ago. It means a war was coming towards them and fast. Soon after soldiers from all over came rushing outside of their homes and the temple. Generals met to discuss formations and battle strategy. Horses with gold armor rushed out of the stables. War was here and it would devastate her home if it had gotten inside the walls. Then the first arrow was shot from the enemy thus a command was yelled from the general to attack.

The enemy shot fire balls into the city destroying homes. Two soldiers were killed by one of them as the others rushed to get water to put out the flames. Others were trying to evacuate the city, little girls crying holding onto their mothers as the hurried to the back emergency exit of the city. Soon after the fire balls had stopped then soon arrows whizzed past heads. Families ducked to find cover as the raging war outside of her homes intensified. Screams and explosions were heard all over as her mother and she rushed to get to the back exit. She had wondered about her father and what would happen to him? Would he be killed? Captured? Would he be victorious and come back to her and her mother? She didn’t know.

As her mother and she made it to the back exit she had looked back on her beloved city to see the flames had engulfed her home and many others. Soldiers laid dead on the roads, endless fighting was still raging on the outskirts of the city. The little girl had realized that it was her dream that had come true. That her beloved city would be turned to dust and a place of despair. A place of pain and misery for all who had great memories and good times whiling living there. She had wished she told someone about the dreams. Maybe this could have been avoided someone could have been ready for this endless battle that has now been started.