The Trip of a Lifetime | Teen Ink

The Trip of a Lifetime

May 3, 2019
By corrineclement BRONZE, Laplace, Louisiana
corrineclement BRONZE, Laplace, Louisiana
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Bella and Josh, a couple, had been dating for almost two years. Finally, they decided it was time to take a trip together. Visiting Hawaii was a dream for the both of them, so that is where they decided to go. Upon arriving to Hawaii, the couple’s flight was delayed two hours due to bad weather. The trip had just begun, and it was already off to a rough start! After catching a cab, Josh and Bella finally arrived in their gorgeous condo overlooking one of Hawaii’s many beautiful beaches. They totally forgot about the two hour flight delay after seeing where they would be spending the next week of their lives.

After getting settled in and unpacking, Bella was anxious to go snorkeling for the first time. Josh agreed and they both went on the Internet to become more familiar with the best snorkeling areas. The couple eventually decided on the Pride of Maui Molokini Snorkel Tour. After looking at this place’s website, Bella and Josh learned that they would be visiting two different areas -- Molokini Crater and Turtle Town. Bella was beyond excited, while Josh was a tad bit nervous. Bella told him not to worry and that they would have so much fun.

The couple arrived to the Molokini Snorkel Tour, and put on their flippers and goggles. Of course, Bella had to take a selfie and post it on Instagram. Next, they boarded a small boat. Newlyweds, Kara and Clay, were also on the boat. Both of the couples instantly became good friends and talked the whole way until the tour began. They eventually said their goodbyes and wished each other the best of luck in their relationships. It was now time to go snorkeling!

While snorkeling, Bella and Josh saw so many beautiful things. They saw coral reefs and a variety of fish with different patterns. They even saw a sea turtle and starfish! Even though Josh was nervous before the tour began, he quickly let his nerves go and became optimistic. It was the experience of a lifetime and both Josh and Bella vowed to never forget it.  The couple was sad when it was time to return to their condo.

In Hawaii, Bella and Josh visited a volcano on Maui. They also enjoyed new, delicious food. Josh loved the fresh poke, and Bella enjoyed the shaved ice. The week went by way quicker than the both of them anticipated it would. The mood was gloomy the day the couple had to return home to Louisiana. They loved New Orleans, but Hawaii was way better. It was definitely a trip to remember!


The author's comments:

this piece was inspired by my dream to visit Hawaii or any tropical island one day