Dividing Day and Night | Teen Ink

Dividing Day and Night

An ocean stretched out as far as the eye could see. Beneath the sparkling pink, yellow, and orange waters lay water clear as crystal, every fish of the rainbow swimming about, huge golden, pink, and turquoise coral rose like trees of the sea, surrounded by kelp like bamboo forests and shells of pink and white like quartz stones. It was only a few feet deep and by a shore, but we aren't facing the golden sand and swaying palm trees of the shore. Above the water was a magnificent sunset, reflecting off the water and turning it to match the hues of golden orange sun, orange skies around, yellow radiating from orange, pink hugging yellow, purple trailing pink like smoke, deep blue close behind, and black with a few starry specks beyond. It bounced off the water to make a rainbow betwixt pink and purple, dividing day and night by matching the fish beneath. A shooting star flew over the shore, trying to outdo the dazzling clear, bright rainbow but only equalling it. Make a wish and hold it close!

i have trouble with ending my descriptive endings, how was that one?

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

i would wish fo.. nope, cant say it or ill lose my wish.

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

This is a truly beautiful and magnificent description. My wish is for a chocolate-covered unicorn and a thousand other wishes:)