The Sidleine Chronicles | Teen Ink

The Sidleine Chronicles

By Curdlz BRONZE, Steinbach, Manitoba
Curdlz BRONZE, Steinbach, Manitoba

Sitting in a desk period 3, the air was full of timid and angry aura locked behind the detention door. It was really stupid if you ask me, but I was stuck in there because of another fight, let me take you back to it.

I was sitting on a bench outside by the field, watching two teams of steroid-induced gorillas tackling each other for a piece of leather. As the home team makes another touchdown, the crowd roared with cheer as our star player, Brody Hudson threw the ball down and taunted the defensive line. In all the commotion, I bumped the person next to me, spilling his drink all over his shirt. Clearly agitated, he turned to me with a look of pure rage exploding from his soul and pouring out of his eyes. But calmy, he said,” F*** you A*****e! All over my white shirt”! I started to apologize but he simply turned away. So I sat down and continued to watch the game. If only I looked up sooner.

Almost instantly, this guy's knuckles collided with my face, obliviating the cartilage of my nose. Blood poured down my face and onto my neck, drenching my shirt in blood. I started to feel my fists tighten and without thinking, I swung hard connecting with his lower jaw. he stumbled back, holding his chin with tears running down his face. His Girlfriend consoled him while my friends hyped me up, told me to keep swinging.

The dude left and missed the second half of the game. This is a shame for him because we destroyed the other team. As I sat up to leave, he came sprinting at me from behind the bleachers and tackled me down onto the field. Fists came flying at my face, and there was crying, but I'm not sure as to whose it was. Moments later, the two football coaches were prying us off of each other and yelling at us for fighting.

The walk to the office was long and timid. The firm grip on my arm was starting to hurt, but I showed no pain on my face. When we got to the office, the other boy's mother was already there, with a raging fire burning holes through her son and I’s faces. The football coach dragged me into a back room in the office and told me to sit in the chair. And that's where I stayed, until 4:30 when my mom got off work and drove me home.

I was in grade 9 when I wrote this piece, we were supposed to take a real-life event that happened to us and create a fictional story about it. I was never really interested in writing until this assignment because every other piece was always about a predetermined topic. Since then I Have vigorously worked on my writing technique and hope to continue publishing on this platform in the future