Ultimatum | Teen Ink

Ultimatum

May 12, 2009
By ajibike PLATINUM, Monroe, Louisiana
ajibike PLATINUM, Monroe, Louisiana
27 articles 0 photos 41 comments

“Oh God, someone is going to catch us… Someone is. There is no way we can get away with this. No freaking way,” My words shake as they tumble out of my mouth; my bodice trembles as I try to follow Allie’s stealthy movements. She glowers for a moment as I become stock still. This was not the plan. I have no idea where we are going, I have no idea why we are on this crazy trek, and I also have no idea how Allie stripped so fast out of her prom dress into her all black attire—a stealth suit? Her attire seems more practical than my Zac Posen dress. “Seriously, Allie, what are we doing?” She does not halt; in fact, her blonde ponytail bobs ever more rapidly. I refrain from screeching as we traverse through the forest. My blue pumps are a hindrance as I try to keep up with her. “Thank God!” My exclamation is louder than I expected. Allie swivels around and slaps her hand upon my mouth. Her eyes are dark like a gun’s barrel. My heart beats rapidly. Allie’s…Allie’s really scaring me. We have been best friends since grade school and here we are on the night of prom. Running through the forest, we are two stunning girls—one in a stealth suit and the other conspicuously clad in a flashy blue dress and blue pumps.

“Jael, for God’s sake, I asked you to come with me because you are quiet! Of all times to become a motor mouth, you choose now. God, I hate irony,” Allie spits out her words before turning around. Her pale hand motions as we approach a clearing. The night smiles down upon us and mirrors Allie’s frightening smirk. I come up beside her. My dark black hair hangs down my neck. My eyes grow shockingly wide as I stare at the house in front of us.

“W-wh-why are we in front of,” my finger lifts to point straight at the house before us, “Blake’s house?” Allie gives no response besides looking at me with a sinister little smile. She walks forward all the while pulling a key from her pocket. I follow behind her with a wary countenance. Looking over her shoulder, Allie winks at me before slipping the key into its designation keyhole. I suppress a gasp but follow her none-the-less. I know, not the smartest Jael moment. Allie flies up the stairs and stands outside of Blake’s room before entering casually.

“What the heck are you doing, Allie?” My inquisition is spurred by the gun in Allie’s hand. Her expression is blank and her hand never wavered from the gun’s barrel pointed right at Blake. “I’m leaving Allie, I can’t be here while you do this.” I turn only be clocked by Allie. I fall and see the gun pointed at me.

“Stay or I shoot,” Allie says. What a horrible ultimatum. And the song of sirens plays in the distance.