Content | Teen Ink

Content

May 28, 2009
By rachelfrk SILVER, Conroe, Texas
rachelfrk SILVER, Conroe, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

The secret is accepting where you've been and who you are. The secret is letting go and allowing everything to fall into place.
She is a pessimist. She has spent her days leaving her loves and her dreams in exchange for freedom. She is scared of being held down. She loves running. One thing that is the same every where she goes, her solid tennis shoes carrying her forward against whatever surface is under them. The surfaces have changed but the running has remained consistent. Her blue running shoes have seen pavement, gravel, sand, and grass. Running is predictable, running feels good, and running can only hurt your outside. Running makes her feel invincible. She knows that her life is not one to be envied but she also knows it is a painless life. Some would argue it is also a painful and loveless life. They don't know her though. They can't understand. She is content; she thinks. One day the road will end and she will have no more time to run and where will she be? One day she will have run and run and she will not be able to run anymore, and who will take care of her? No one will care for her when she is old. No one will visit her when she is in the hospital. She ran away from everyone and now she stands alone. Secretly she dares someone to change her; she dares them to save her. She runs through the park longingly looking at the children playing on the playground. She stops. She hasn't stopped in such a long time, but she has a deep need to be a child again. She walks to an empty swing. She starts, up and back. The gentle rhythm of the swing reminds her of her first love, flying. She is far from joyful but for that split second, for that moment she is a child again. She is happy. She feels the wind on her face and she isn't going anywhere. She holds her breath trying to save the moment. She wonders if life could be more than meets the eye. Could it be time to stop? Could it be time to fly back?