I Hope You're Doing Well | Teen Ink

I Hope You're Doing Well

October 3, 2022
By tripp_walsh SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
tripp_walsh SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

To 22 year old me,

I hope you’re doing well. Whatever path you chose to follow for the past four years of your life, I know it was best for you. Just know that whatever you chose, I know you did great. You are strong. You are brave. You are amazing. Whatever comes next for you, persevere and never give up. 

I hope football treated you well.​ There is nothing like the feeling of being out on the turf and going to war with the people you love. I hope every moment you got on the turf was cherished and appreciated, for when it is gone, it is missed more than you could ever imagine. I hope you keep in touch with the game of football. Don’t ever let go of the game that you love so much.

I hope college was fun. I am sure the past four years went by just as fast as your highschool years. I hope you met new people. Keep in touch with them, and don’t forget the ones that you came up with, too. I hope you didn’t take things too seriously. After all, college is supposed to be the best time of your life, and I am sure it was everything you imagined and more. 

I hope you have a plan for your future. The real world is going to be special, and I am sure you are ready for it. I hope you find a job you love. You are going to spend the rest of your life in the field you choose, but don’t get caught up in something you don’t like to do. I hope you will be happy. Every second that goes by, cherish it, because it is going to go by fast, so make the most of it. 

No matter what path you choose, no matter who you choose to walk it with, and no matter where you choose to go with it, I hope you do great and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for us.