United States in the future | Teen Ink

United States in the future

For this assignment I tried to play around with imagery and mood. Mood is what the audience is supposed to feel. In this short story, my audience is supposed to feel a sense of forbidding. For example, I talk about how a TV cuts out adding a sense of forbidding. Imagery is painting a picture for my audience. In my story I try to use realistic elements. For example, I talk about wind making the story seem realistic. My favorite part is the end because I feel it is ominous. My story is about the United States in the future and how people have become way to addicted to technology. If you complained about technology, you could be punished. Eventually, a group of protestors go to the White House to complain about how people are so addicted to technology.

A wind swept through the streets where the protestors shouted, expressing their anger at the government. Little did they know troops of the US military were deployed a few miles away surrounding the White House to eliminate the protestors. The soldiers quietly crept through the neighborhood and took their positions. The Air Force was going to bomb the White House. People who escaped will be mowed down by machine guns. To these brainwashed people addicted to technology, these were very dangerous people. Innocent lives taken away are small sacrifices for these protestors to be put to death. A destroyed White House was worth the protection of the perfect and precious technology. As Americans watched the protest, the news camera was cut out and filled with crackly static. People anxiously wondered what would happen next. Miles away in DC, the white pristine White House burst into tiny bits and pieces. Kids were screaming for their parents. People ran with blood on their shirts past bodies as smoke and fire rose up into the air. People were filled with horror while bombs and bullets took their lives.

rohitr0 said...
rohitr0, Cupertino, California
Hari you are honestly so inspirational. You have changed how I perceive the way of life, the way I do things. How may I repay this act of kindness? This is honestly, life changing, an eye OPENER. Thank you Hari for bringing this to my vision, for showing me the path to success, I will forever remember this.

kaykayts13 said...
kaykayts13, Cupertino, California
OMG ITS HARI MY FAVORITE VOLLEYBALL SETTER

kaykayts13 said...
kaykayts13, Cupertino, California