The New Shoes | Teen Ink

The New Shoes

By DerpWolf111 BRONZE, Springfield, Ohio
DerpWolf111 BRONZE, Springfield, Ohio

I was at the store and I looked down at my shoes to see a massive hole in the toes. I was in complete disbelief that my shoes were falling apart. So I went back into the shoes section and when I got there I heard a clamor as it appeared that shoes were jumping back onto the shelves. I thought nothing of the incident and began to continue looking for the shoes that I wanted to take with me. I then turned my back to a section and began to hear some more very strange noises. I turned around and it started behind me.  Then the entire aisle of the shoes just jumped up and started singing and dancing! They all came in front of me to tell me about how they were better than the last pair. I decided on a pair of gray and white Levis. These shoes told me that they were comfortable and just looked super cool. I honestly thought that the whole thing was an optical illusion. I went into the back of the store and got the rest of the things that I needed, bread, milk, eggs, ramen noodles, and cheese. While I was browsing the aisles all of the food items did the exact same thing that the shoes did. I then took my cart full of singing, dancing, and talking groceries up to the check out, where the check out sang about deals on each item I had selected. So I paid for the groceries and walked out to my car. The second I stepped out of the store the bags stopped making any sort of noise. Once I had loaded my car up with the groceries I got in the front seat and turned on the car to then hear one last peep from the bags. I got home and unpacked everything. Now anytime I go in the kitchen they all reunite in harmony to keep singing to me.