Here I lie in a quiet and lonely room | Teen Ink

Here I lie in a quiet and lonely room

June 23, 2009
By individualJess BRONZE, Johannesburg, Other
individualJess BRONZE, Johannesburg, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Here I lie in a quiet and lonely room

My eyes still adjusting to the darkness, I attempted to prevent my blood from gushing out of my wound onto the floor. I could feel the warmness of my blood coating my fingers as a light tingly feeling spread through my body. Is this it? Is my life ending now? As this frightening thought continued to repeat itself in my brain I suddenly felt calm.

My head began to spin as the room suddenly felt illuminated in a bright white light. This light was nothing that you could ever imagine; it was overwhelming but at the same time comforting, it did not bring with it fear, but rather made me feel at peace. The tingling feeling that had once spread over my body was now taking over my brain. It felt as though a swarm of bees had taken over my body and paralyzed me completely, but I did not feel pain, the feeling was beyond pleasure as though my soul was rising out of my body.

Although I was pretty sure I did not have ears or any other human feature at this moment I could hear the sound of happiness and joy, I could hear voices that could not be compared to any other voice I have ever heard. It was as though each sound was dripping in gold and diamonds. I had no sense of direction, time, space or anything really. I was just a soul, a life that was not really living. I was just there. But in the most amazing way, a way that I did not know could exist, I was not sure if I even existed.


It was at this moment, this insanely beautiful moment, when I felt a stab of excruciating pain, it was not a physical pain that could be compared to breaking a leg or cutting your finger, no it was as though someone was digging through my chest and tearing away at my heart, my soul. The space around me seemed to shift as I began to sink back into the body I was once happy to occupy but now seemed like nothing but earthly filth. I could not fight it, the pull that had me going back. It was bigger, stronger than me, superior. I did not want to go back to the pain and evil that the world had waiting for me, no, I wanted to remain in the form I had just found out existed. I knew I could never be truly happy again after experiencing absolute happiness.

I continued to fall, down the many levels until, it happened! My eyes flung open. I began to gasp for air and I immediately felt the puddle of blood that surrounded me seeping into my clothes and hair. I felt the physical pain again. The pain that the knife had left in my chest, the pain of the gash in my head, it was overpowering me. Here I lay in a quite and lonely room, helpless to the evils that prevail in society today. Helpless to my own situation and helpless to the fact that I had just fallen from heaven.