Wash Me Away | Teen Ink

Wash Me Away

November 28, 2009
By loveibanez BRONZE, Maumee, Ohio
loveibanez BRONZE, Maumee, Ohio
4 articles 1 photo 63 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!" -Ben Franklin


I want to erase it all. All I want to do is rip the memories out of my mind and start over. I want the sea to wash over the sand and carry all my problems away to the bottom of the sea with the shells and the rocks. Like the sea, my mind has pressure. The further down you go, and the older I get, the more pressure I feel and the harder it gets to breathe. I want to erase all that I have written because none of it is what I want it to be. Everything I do comes out wrong. I want to see the flames of the pages and the smoke of what once was. Nothing would make me happier. Except you. I don’t know who you are or what you look like, but I need someone to believe in. I need my crutch that catches me when I fall. One that won’t put me down. You can make me happy without trying, your smile will light my heart on fire and your voice is enough to make my stomach flip. I know you are out there, somewhere, deep in the ocean blue along with all my problems. Because when that tide washes them all away, it will leave the pure white sand, and that’s you.


The author's comments:
Not my best work by a long shot, but I really wanted to submit something, and this is not my typical writing style, but I would really appriciate your feedback weather it be good, or bad.