Eternal Night : Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

Eternal Night : Chapter 1

By SerraAngel GOLD, Buchanan, Michigan
SerraAngel GOLD, Buchanan, Michigan

"we have nothing to fear but fear itself".

"Elle!" Yelled Allison, running up to me. "Elle, wait up!" I stopped and waited for her. Alison White and I have been best friends since kindergarten. "So Elle, who are you taking to the fall dance?" She asked tossing her dark brown hair behind her. "I 'm not sure yet, who are you taking?" We started walking at a normal pace. A cool November breeze made me shiver. "I'm hoping Dominic Daniels asks me." She replied. I noticed that when she said the name her brown eyes lit up.

"Who's -" But then I was interrupted by Rebekah and Blake laughing. Ever since they started dating she won't stop talking to, and about him. “What’s so funny?" I asked. They looked at each other, and then Rebekah answered “I don't remember." This made them laugh even more. They're a great couple, they both have blonde hair and sapphire-blue eyes, and they also love to laugh.

"So what are you talking about?" Katlyne asked when they stopped. “The dance and who we are taking." Answered Allison. "Hey guys," Rebecca spoke up, "Want to go ice skating with Blake and I later?" "Sure." Came from everyone. "I might have to leave early though; I still have research on our project in Science class." Katlyne said. We had to choose a living thing and do a description on it. She chose wolves, she loves them and she was great at drawing them. "Oh, I finished mine in class." Allison said
We all started walking when Valerie jogged over, her long black hair in a braid. It only took me three days to know that she was popular, a head cheerleader, and nobody likes her. Not because she's weird or anything, but because she's mean. "Hi Ellie." she called. "Maybe if we put our heads down and run she won't find us." suggested Rebekah. "No, we can't she already knows it's us and she can smell our fear." Katlyne whispered. We started giggling as she walked over to us.
“Hey Ellie, what’s so funny?" she repeated. "Uh hi, it's Elle." I finally answered. “And nothing.” "Yeah whatever... Are you going to try out for the cheerleading squad." she asked. "Yeah, I'm going to try out." I answered. Then two more girls walked up. "This is Moranda." she pointed to the girl on her right with a pretty, pixie-shaped face, short dark-brown hair and bright blue eyes. "And this is Madison." she pointed to the girl on her left with blonde hair just below her shoulder and brown eyes. She waved at me. I looked over at Alison; she looked like she was going to hurt her. "We have to go." I said quickly. “Wait-you better be good at tryouts, like, don’t waste our time.” Valerie added in as we started to walk away. “Don’t worry, she won’t.” said Allison through gritted teeth.

Actually, The Twilight Saga, it was the first vampire book i ever read...it was love at first sight, or bite. Thats hot, or punny. or not. i am a poet and i didnt even know it. I hope you like it!

SerraAngel GOLD, Buchanan, Michigan

i have a friend named Katlyne and she helped give me inspiration for the book along with Tori and Rebekah :)

katlyne BRONZE said...
katlyne BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
So..love the story...just throwing this out there...my name is legit Katlyne..and I've never seen it spelled that way anywhere else. where did you get the inspiration for that name??

EllieK. BRONZE said...
EllieK. BRONZE, Wilmette, Illinois

"Not all who wander are lost"
JRR Tolkien

"Sometimes life sucks, so suck it up"
-ME

""We succeeded in taking that picture (from deep space), and if you look a it, you see a dot. Thats here. That's home. Thats us. On it, everyone you ever heard of

Good start, it was a bit difficult to read because of the dialogue not being spaced out. Other than that it was a good first chapter. I"ll be sure to read the rest.

Would anyone mind checking out any of my work and comment/rating. Thanks, Elliek

TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

i thought this was a good way to start it cuz u know a little bit about all the characters, i'll definitley go check out the rest of the chapters, great chapter 1 :)

SerraAngel GOLD, Buchanan, Michigan

Some chapters are from different pionts of views.

Riley141 GOLD said...
Riley141 GOLD, Yale, Michigan

" Always do right. This will gratifiy some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

This isn't a bad start. I got a little more confused , when you started introducing charactors mostly because you didn't space out  your talking. But you also could have added more. But over all I realy likedthe story.. Keep writing.

SerraAngel GOLD, Buchanan, Michigan

the other chapters are under 'nonfiction'. Oops. Plz check out chapters 2-7.

SerraAngel GOLD, Buchanan, Michigan

Plz comment