His Statue | Teen Ink

His Statue

By PrudenceFang BRONZE, Herriman, Utah
PrudenceFang BRONZE, Herriman, Utah

"Life isn't worth living unless you believe in something."

Her body was perfect, flawless. Every detail was carefully sculpted by the artist's old fingers. The beautiful face was gently smiling, and her hair tumbled down her back like a stony waterfall. She had an elaborate crown atop her gorgeous head. She held the sun in one hand, the moon in the other. Stars decorated her clothing. She was a perfect piece of art. A masterpiece. Her sculptor had spent his whole life dedicated to her perfect features. She was his lover, his wife had left him years ago because he would not cease work on her. But now, after years of work, he was finished. He stepped back to admire his priceless piece of art. He rubbed his sore hands, worn from continuous chiseling and sanding. He rested his weary eyes, strained from searching the smooth marble for cracks and flaws. He sat down at his workbench and cried salty tears of joy. He smiled and sighed with content. She was complete. After decades of dedication she was finally finished. His heart gladdened, he passed away blissfully. He had completed her, there was no need to continue. His hands and feet and eyes finally received rest. She was his love, his joy, his child, his statue.

I was inspired to write this by my aunt. She was an artist too, and she died after completing what I believe to be her greatest piece of art.

LockLemon BRONZE, Saratoga Springs, Utah

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away, and you have their shoes.

So beautiful and so sad at the same time. I'm always in awe after I read your descriptions, they just stun me. And you come up with them on the spot!

DaydreamBeliever GOLD, Lockport, Other

If you live to be one hundred, I want to live to be one hundred minus one day, so that I'll never have to live without you. -Winnie the Pooh

i liked the description in this. it was very good :)