dear Betsy J. Jones, | Teen Ink

dear Betsy J. Jones,

By menike_neko BRONZE, Howell, Michigan
menike_neko BRONZE, Howell, Michigan

"Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive any way."

I’m sorry for all the pain, suffering, and loss you’ve been through. The misery you have felt is mostly of my creation and I am deeply troubled by this. I have higher moral standards than this and I am appalled that I could even commit such horrible acts upon a person equal to myself (at this point of high statues). I wont lie I didn’t even think about my actions and proceeded to torture you. You never complained so I never thought to halt the crimes I was committing (though you never complaining could be due to the fact that you don’t have a head), you never pushed me away (this could be because you have no arms), and you never ran away (but I guess having no legs could hinder your ability to escape) so I never wondered twice about bringing my heinous acts to an end… I feel bad we dragged you away from your happy standings at your old residency and even worse how I transformed you. You had the retro 1950’s look and I altered it into the grungy appearance of the underground city scene. I know I am not worthy of forgiveness, especially from some one as yourself. You must be disgusted with me, not only did I create you into an art project, I grew attached and had pity on an immaterial object… Even though you cannot speak I hear your words loud and clear, and with this knowledge I will let you be and care for the things that are breathing instead of those (such as yourself) that are only illusions of my warped mind.

Genuinely,

Riley Ledford

The inspiration for this piece and what its about is my mannequin which i painted and just used as an art project. In the original work a picture of the mannequin was attached but its not allowed on this. So just keep that in mind when reading.

LindsayLoo GOLD, Howell, Michigan

"Fall Down Seven Times, Get up Eight." -Chinese Proverb

Haha. I love this, Ryelie. Too bad you oculd put the picture of her with it, though.