Modern Art | Teen Ink

Modern Art

September 19, 2010
By FightingBlurb BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
FightingBlurb BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -Douglas Adams


Larry strolled down the stark white corridor of the tastefully minimalist modern art museum, soaking in the freshly hung paintings and marveling at the creativity, energy, and sheer genius exhibited on the cheap canvases. One of them in particular caught his eye. Not the one with the single black dot against a white background, obviously symbolism for the individual against the oppressive and conformist nature of contemporary society. Not the frame featuring a severely disfigured face staring into the endless sky, an allegory for the individual against the oppressive and conformist nature of contemporary society. And not the one that seemed to depict Cookie Monster if one were to watch Sesame Street while completely and utterly stoned, a blatant metaphor expressing the feelings of the individual against the oppressive and conformist nature of contemporary society. No, it was the one that looked like someone had eaten a pound of Skittles and decided to evacuate them from their gastrointestinal tract quickly and effectively, right onto the canvas, like a rainbow of indigestion. Larry was enraptured and related to it, himself being an individual against the oppressive and conformist nature of contemporary society. He was so gonna tweet that.