Wings Of a Saviour Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

Wings Of a Saviour Chapter 1

By Your_Beautiful_Lies SILVER, Cairo, New York
Your_Beautiful_Lies SILVER, Cairo, New York

"Expirence is a brutal teacher, but we learn. My God do we learn."~C.S.Lewis

OR
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. It is always the same step, but you have to take it. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand and Stars, 1939, translated from French by Lewis Galantière

~ Mark's POV ~
I took her hand, it was plae and cold. I was her Guardian Angel and I couldn't even keep her safe. She was barley breathing, her heart barley beating, she was shuting down and then I would fail. How could I help her? Save her? Had.....had I failed?...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Alicia! Alicia get up!" I awoke startled by the voice screaming my name, I didn't know what was worse my alarm clock or my brother. I groaned and looked at my clock, 6:45 AM, my alarm didn't even go off again! I slowly pulled myself from my warm bed and rummaged around for something to wear. Pulling on a purple tank and gray pants, as well as striped socks I hopped down the stairs and sat at the table. My brother, Lucas was sitting at the table going over expenses and bills, I watched as his frown lines increased with every line he read. "Everything alright Lucas?" I asked already knowing the answer that followed, a grunt was all I got from him.
Mr brother wasn't one for words ever since the accident that killed our parents, I remember waking up in the hospital after it had happend, Lucas was sitting at the edge of my bed just staring at me with sad eyes, it broke my heart. Thinking about the accident made me choke up, I choked back tears and stood up after pulling on my sneakers and kissed Lucas's cheek, grabing my bag and headed out the door, each step I took I seemed to sink deeper and deeper into my own little world, ever sience the accident I could always here the whispers in the halls and now a days I tended to just ignore the world.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Mark's P.O.V~
Sitting in the tree would have been uncomfortable to any human being, but I tend to enjoy being in trees. I had been watching the house for quite some time now and the girl had yet to even step foot nor head out of the house. All in good time I knew she would though, I had spoken too soon. The girl, who I learned was named Alicia stepped from the house and slung a backpack over her leftt shoulder, her hair blowing behind her in the wind as she walked towards the school.
I guess you could say I hadn't been a Guardian Angel for too long, I couldn't even begin to explain how you become one, it just happens, weither you want it or not. I was still quite shaken from my last "Job", it hadn't ended well, I did everything by the book, but I lost her and she died. Usually men are paired with women and women paired with men, it was an odd system but it worked.

I started out with a quiz type thing on another website and my friends made me write in into a story