DREAMS Personal Writing Assignment | Teen Ink

DREAMS Personal Writing Assignment

By horselove146 GOLD, Scituate, Massachusetts
horselove146 GOLD, Scituate, Massachusetts

The sound of the waves along the shore, the cool breeze on Huntington Beach, the smell of the clean cotton calms me as I slowly awaken. It is nine o’clock, and I have to go outside and get my horse ready for another great morning. I walk outside of the creamy-colored house, with the dark-blue shutters, and the white picket fence. I look up to see my husband on the balcony, painting the scene. As I click the latch of the white picket fence, I walk up the long driveway that is covered in seashells. I feel the shells crumble as my feet touch them. As I continue to the back yard I look at the stable, and see my horse, Destiny. She is a black Frisian, with a beautiful long black mane, that falls past her neck. I stop and think for a moment, and I realize how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful house, with a nice backyard. I take Destiny’s lead, and bring her out the fence to the beach. I step up on the sea-grass, and hop onto her back. I then start galloping down the beach with my long curly blonde hair flowing in the strong breeze. I then look up at the balcony to see my husband smiling. I look back, and continue to ride like the wind. At this time I wish I could do this forever, but soon it is time to get to work. My husband and I are artists, and I teach art lessons at an elementary school. Today is a special day though. We are going to the beach, and painting what we see. I arrive to work at eleven o’clock, because that is when the first art class starts. I pull my brand new silver Corvette into the teacher parking lot. I get out, removing my sunglasses, and I walk into the red brick building. I walk down the hallway, and I remember when I used to be young.