It Was That Time of Season Again... | Teen Ink

It Was That Time of Season Again...

November 16, 2007
By Anonymous

It was that time of season again where the Nomad tribe packs their homes up and moves on for the search for food. The Nomad tribe was lead by the chief and his wife; Raneblue. Together they had a child named Chima.

Chima is the chief’s only son, and he is the one who will lead the tribe when the chief can no longer. Chima is four years old with brown hair and eyes, just like his father. Chima is a very adventures boy who is always getting into things. Chima also has a little pet lion that had wondered away from his pack, when the Nomad tribe had settled in Africa at one time. Chima and his lion Sumba get along very well.

The chief and Raneblue decided to settle in the Amazon jungle, where legend says that, that is where great caribou grazes this time of year.
“Do you think this place is safe for Chima and the other kids of the tribe?” said the Raneblue.
“Of course, don’t worry. I have been in these parts of the jungle when I was little. Its safe,” replied the chief with a cautious tone.
“The last thing we need is one of the children to be taken by a lion or monkey!” said Raneblue holding Chima close before tucking him in.

The skies grew dark and the fire grew taller. Children are tucked away by their parents and other tribe members around the fire telling stories, when they had unexpected guest.
………………………………………………………………………………………………

In the jungle, where the Nomad tribe had settled was the territory of the king of the jungle; Scarvada. Scarvada has a tribe of his own. His tribe used to be in Africa, but then he left to search for his son. Scarvada always had a good relationship with humans until one of them stole his son. After that he killed everyone that came near his tribe.
When Scarvada had got the news that humans had arrived, he got a pack of his strongest lions and headed toward the high flames.
………………………………………………………………………………………………

A large lion had stepped into view in front of the tent with Chima in it. A man of the tribe shouted
“There is a lion by Chima’s tent!”
Everyone had reacted in a shocked matter. Mothers were grabbing their kids and locking their tents. Men were grabbing their spears. The lion’s face lit up with the picture of flames in his eyes.. The lion jumped into the tent and searched the crib. He saw a boy. Several men jumped in the tent and shouted. Scarvada jumped out, called his crew and ran back to his cave.
Everyone was startled by what happened. The men held their wives closely, checking on their kids and family. Raneblue was horrified on what just happened.
………………………………………………………………………………………………

“There is a tribe here that shouldn’t be here!” announced Scarvada.
“When we attacked the tribe, they had guarded one tent more than the others. I think it was the leader’s son. Tomorrow morning we will lead the son into the jungle and keep him. Then the tribe would have to go look for him. Then we will never have to go hungry again.”
………………………………………………………………………………………............
The next morning the tribe was picking up the debris from the attack. Women were making breakfast for everyone, when the worst thing possible had happened
“He’s gone!!” shouted Raneblue with a horrified shriek to her tone.
“He is not here!”
The chief came in startled by her scream when he saw Chima no where to be seen. The chief came out of his tent with his wife clenched to his side, holding Sumba and made an announcement.
“I am petrified to say Chima is not here. Someone or something has taken him. In a couple minutes there will be a search party for him. Anyone who sees him will contact me immediately.”
The search party had begun. The tribe was divided into groups. Some would stay at the camp site and the others would go to look for Chima.
………………………………………………………………………………………............
A lion of the tribe had seen the humans at the watering hole. Sumba had led the Nomads there because Sumba had smelled other lions, at that is the lion’s watering hole. The Nomads had stopped at the watering hole to take a rest. Scarvada had herd the news, so he put Chima on his back and brought him to the watering hole. Chima was used to lions and could understand lions because of Sumba.

The Nomads herd branches crack and turned their heads in every direction until Scarvada stepped out. The men got their spears ready when Scarvada roared and pulled out Chima.
“Put your weapons down!” shouted the chief anxiously.
Raneblue was excited to see her son, especially alive but not in that sort of danger. It was a stare down between tribes when Chima’s whine broke the silence. The lions all roared which scared Ranblue and the chief.
Sumba had heard that roar or somewhere before, in a dream or maybe in real life. Sumba had looked at the leader really hard and noticed the lion holding Chima was his father. Sumba growled which made Scarvada’s eyes open real big. He, too, also noticed the familiar growl. The lion standing next to the chief was his son who he was searching for all this time.
The chief was very used to animals and animal’s emotions and had a very good idea as to what was going on. So the chief picked up Sumba and walked toward the pack of lions, and Scarvada had done the same. Chima set Sumba down as Scarvada had done the same with Chima. They both ran toward their fathers.