The ironclad fist of Hate | Teen Ink

The ironclad fist of Hate

By jaznomdeplume GOLD, Modesto, California
jaznomdeplume GOLD, Modesto, California

Good luck enjoying the infinite abyss- the garden state.

don’t you wonder what the world is coming to? If we can create a machine that can sustain the human heart, or create a diet that can expand the human life…why is it that we still cleave to war like old men to their canes? War is hate, and destruction. It’s not civil; it doesn’t have mercy or grace. War kills, and everyday more and more young men and now days women are flocking to scribble their names on a piece of paper that says “I will die for a cause not worth my life.” I see families cry and scream when their beloved return home in a body bag. The horrors which the eyes of such torment see, drives young human beings mad. Absolutely crazy. And for what? One old man to have political dominance over yet ANOTHER state? Why? How the lives of children have become meaningless to society and have become nothing more than a census of abled bodied soldiers for a war we fought many summers ago. A war that killed my family, and brought us all together under one rising sun all the same. It drive my grandfather and nana crazy. Schizophrenia, bipolar, Alzheimer’s. The product of one man’s jealousy over another: a girl who will never know her father, grandfather, nana, papa, or sister. We should be like we used to be. In the 1960’s people stood up for their beliefs in honorable protests. To this day Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi is looked upon as a savior and heaven sent gift. A warrior for peace. An entity which has seemed to disappeared altogether. Love, sweet charity. where have you gone?