A Distant Shadowed Light | Teen Ink

A Distant Shadowed Light

November 5, 2007
By Anonymous

He was running. To where he didn’t know; he just had to keep running or they would find him. Sweat poured down his face in tiny rivers hitting the concrete ground with an almost audible “SPLASH”.

His trainers echoed behind him telling his enemies-whoever they might be-his exact moves. He had to hurry. Time was running out. Voices behind him told him that they were still behind him. He sped up. He HAD to get away.

A bright blue light illuminated the tunnel. He gasped. He hadn’t expected them to use magic… not now…

A blast flung him forward and he hit the ground with a resounding “THUD”. He lay there for a moment, fighting for consciousness. A fight he was fast losing. He could vaguely make out the shapes of four people surrounding him and he desperately tried to stand.

“Eraser 751,” a voice began, its bass tones ominous and threatening. He winced and rasped,

“Colby…”

The man gave him a look and asked shrewdly, “What was that eraser?”

Colby laughed weakly. “You heard me. My name is Colby.” No sooner were the words out of his mouth than the darkness that had been threatening at the corner of his vision won out and he fell into a black world…