Love? | Teen Ink

Love?

By Dreamer21 PLATINUM, Hockessin, Delaware
Dreamer21 PLATINUM, Hockessin, Delaware

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

What is 'Love' exactly? Use to know what love was, I did. That was before my Pap left my Mam. I thought that he loved us, Mam and me. He always said so, but I guess that he wasn't telling the truth to us. Maybe he didn't love us as much as he did the other woman.

Mam loved Pap, she did very much. I knew that. The way that she always looked at him when he was close by or when they was always kissing when they thought I wasn't looking. Pap was emotionally shy, as Mam like to put it, so I thought that it was normal for him to keep a sort of distance from us. She always thought it was cute.

Until he started coming home later and later, that is.

Pap began coming home after the Dark of Demos set in and the spirits howled. Always worried Mam, it did. She never said so to me, but I always knew. The way she was always pacing around the living room of our small house with her fingers twiddling together always meant that she was worried 'bout something. And when my Mam was worried, so was I.

Well, one night, Pap came home. Mam was waiting for him, as she always did. I was in my room sleeping, till Mam started yelling the roof off. I remember waking up and going to see what was happening. What I found really shocked me.

Pap and Mam was yelling at each other and Pap told her that he was leaving. I wanted to yell at him when Mam began to cry telling him she loved him. Only he turned his back on me and Mam and left us there in the house.

A few months later, Mam died from grief and I began to dislike Pap more and more until it became a full blown hatred. If I ever meet him again I swear I won't go easy on him. For mam.

If what had happened between Mam and Pap was love, I never want it. Why in the world would I want love? It's a worthless thing that just distracts the mind. It's the truth. If you don't believe me, well, you're just stupid.

this was written in the POV of Piper Marx
she is a char from a story I'm writing.

Piper (c) Me

Also I know there are some typos
they are their for a reason! It is to make the voice of Piper more real because that is how I envision her voice.

artfromtheheart BRONZE, Sharon, Massachusetts
This was so good! I loved it so much. Great job!