The Window: Beginning of Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

The Window: Beginning of Chapter 1

By Kailyn44 BRONZE, Kensington, Maryland
Kailyn44 BRONZE, Kensington, Maryland

Life is like a paintbrush. If you make a mistake,you can't erase it. You have to change your picture.

As I sat next to my bedroom window, I realized my window isn't like any other ordinary window. It was a magical
window. When I looked out, I saw my own little world. A world without voilence or problems. I saw a carefree world where
everyone was happy. No one suffered and everyone had enough to survive. The sun would always shine and the birds would
always chirp. Even though everyone had equal rights, nobody was equal. Some people would always be stronger or weaker than
the other. That was my perfect utopia.

Every night my mother would come upstairs to get me for dinner. When she saw me staring out my window, she would always ask me what I was looking at. I didn't know if she saw he utopia too or if I was the only one so I would say that I was only looking out of my window. I always wanted to tell somebody about my perfect world that was behind my window. But I always had these things to worry about:
-What if I'm the only one who could see a utopia?
-What if they think I'm crazy?

I never wanted that to happen. But I knew that one day, I would have to tell somebody. I just had to find the right person to tell. It couldn't be just some random person off the street, it would have to be someone I deeply cared about. Someone who would believe that I wasn't crazy or making it up. The right person who would believe me no matter what.