How You Gonna... | Teen Ink

How You Gonna...

By BitterSweet1993 SILVER, Bronx, New York
BitterSweet1993 SILVER, Bronx, New York

Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species. ~W. Somerset Maugham, A Writer's Notebook, 1949

How you gonna up and leave me now?
-
Easy Imma stand and turn the other way. Then put one foot in front of the other and not stop until I can’t hear your pathetic cries. Until I can’t feel them reverberating through my soul.

How you gonna act like that?
-
How or do you mean why? And cause I was tired of waiting. Waiting for your love to match mine. And done waiting for you to prove it. I stood naked and exposed just waiting. My skin torn and covered in lacerations from being hurt so much and so often.

How you gonna change it up? We just finished making up.
-
Because I’m tired. Our relationship boiled down to a pathetic cycle of: Happy. Content. Wanting. Waiting. Hurting. And repeat. So you tell me were you having any real fun on the nauseating ride.

Girl I never thought that loving you would hurt.
-
It didn’t have to hurt. It could have been the most painless part of your life and could have lasted longer than forever.

I did everything a good man would to make it work.
-
What did you do? Please tell, I will give you credit where credit is due. And shame on me I was too busy hurting and trying to love you that I must have missed this.

You’ll be the one I can’t forget.
-
I know I was too good and I never said I was leaving our friendship just this relationship.

You’ll be the one that’s heaven sent.
-
I wish I could have been but even I have had my darkest moment. The heaven sent type are too pure for that.

You’ll be the one I can’t deny.
-
Well baby that’s a lie you’ve denied me plenty of times before.

You’ll be the one who makes me cry.
-
And be the one there to dry those tears. Brush them away with the pad of my thumb and tell you that me leaving isn’t the end. That it’s just a beginning…

Had a break up that should have happened a long time ago. The love was becoming uneven. And I was starting to see the lopsided levels.