Jack | Teen Ink

Jack

February 22, 2008
By Anonymous

Every single day I wonder why he saw me when a million other girls saw him. Every single day I wonder how I became so lucky, how everything ended up working out for me. The world finally repaid me for all of my pain and suffering by giving him to me.

He is my rock, my cement, the glue that holds me together. He has given me everything, done everything for me. Not in the way of material things, but more in the way of emotional things. He amazes me. He is the sole person who I tell all of my problems to, and no matter what, he always listens. He doesn’t care what my hair looks like, or if I’m wearing sweatpants and a huge sweatshirt, he loves me for what I say and do.

He is unlike anyone else that I have ever met. In this world we are given people to help us through our struggles, and that is exactly what he is for me. He holds me when I’m sad, and he tells me that everything will be okay in the end because we have each other. He calls me every single night when I go to bed to tell me he loves me and he hopes I have sweet dreams. He calls me every single morning when I wake up to tell me he loves me and he hopes I had sweet dreams. He sends me a single red rose every single day of the week. He sends me text messages telling me he misses me and can’t wait to have me back in his arms, even if it’s only been an hour since we had seen each other. He is the most gorgeous boy I have ever seen, inside and out.

He always tells me how beautiful I look, and how he is sure that every other boy in the room is fuming with jealousy that they cannot have me, because I am his. He holds me like a baby when we sit and watch movies. He kisses my forehead every time before we leave each other. He comes up with silly nicknames to call me when I’m sad. He tells me that when we have children we will live in a big house on the countryside. He says that no matter what he will always be mine.

I am seventeen years old and Jack is my boyfriend, the single most important person in my entire life. We have been together for three years, and recently he was admitted into the hospital because he is found out that he has cancer, and he only has four months left to live. Jack is dying. When he is gone, I do not know what I will do. As I listen to him talk everyday about our future plans, a smile comes to my face. Because even though we won’t be together forever, and we only have a limited amount of time, I know that he would follow through on those plans if he could.

Every single day I wonder why he saw me when a million other girls saw him. Every single day I wonder how I got so lucky, how everything ended up working out for me. Jack is the reason that I get up everyday, the reason that I push through my day with a smile on my face. Jack has taught me to live, to love, and most importantly, to take the time you have and make the best of it. Once Jack is gone, he will always live on in my heart. He will always be my soul mate, and the most important person to me. So Jack, I love you. Please remember that always.