Because I Am A Writer | Teen Ink

Because I Am A Writer

May 28, 2012
By xMIRandax SILVER, Ellicott City, Maryland
xMIRandax SILVER, Ellicott City, Maryland
8 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I'm gonna' make you feel like a zoo plankton goin' up against Shamu!"~ Blue & Clam


My Beloved Characters,


You have caused me so many problems. You have made me miss homework assignments, lose sleep, forget too many things, and scream in frustration. It is your fault I miss important directions, I ignore friends and family, and the hours seem to go by too fast for me to get things done.

You have caused countless complications, but am I going to do what normal people would do? Am I going to drop you because you are a bad influence? Am I going to shove you away, and do all I can to keep you out of my life?

No.

I am going to keep giving you my time. I am going to continue to lose sleep over you, make room in my mind for you where important information should be kept, and I will keep on devoting my entire life to you. I will pick you over school work, family, and friends any day of the week.

Why would I give you anything and everything? Because I am a writer. I am a writer, and you are my creations. You are made of my blood, sweat, and tears. You are my greatest achievements, and despite the hardships you have caused me, I love all of you.

When the real world is mean, I don't let it affect me because I know I will always have you. You will be there to keep me company when I am lonely, cheer me up when I am sad, and entertain me when I am bored. With all of the hard work I put into keeping you alive, you repay me with your presence whenever I need it.

While other people fight to be popular and successful, I know that I don't need to fight. I don't need to be popular because you're there with me. I don't need to fight to be successful because by creating you, and keeping you alive on the pages of a book, I already have succeeded. I don't need to fight for those things so many others fight for because I am a writer. And as a writer, I will never be without my characters.

Love,
Your Devoted Author


The author's comments:
A letter from the mind of a truly devoted author.