Dear Diary... | Teen Ink

Dear Diary...

By Cinnabelly GOLD, Toledo, Ohio
Cinnabelly GOLD, Toledo, Ohio

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

All of my friends are talking about how fat they are, and how many things they need to change about themselves. For example the other day Mallory was like "Ugh, I totally need a makeover!" the Sally was like "Yeah, same here I need to lose some serious weight and get a whole new wardrobe!" I guess to be pretty and popular I have to be like Barbie. It's true no one has said that outright but I'm an intelligent girl, despite the common standard, and I figured it out. Prepared and inspired I'm ahead the curb and I'll be queen of the social seen. Like my favorite song "Popular" by Kristin Chenoweth form the award winning Broadway musical which someday I will star in...Wicked.
"Popular! You're gonna be popular! I'll teach you the proper poise When you talk to boys Little ways to flirt and I'll show you what shoes to wear How to fix your hair Everything that really counts"
Who better to model this than barbie, right? Truth is, yes I want a boyfriend, yes I want to be popular, and yes I want to be beautiful. It seemed like this worked out alright for Barbie it should work for me too! I'm ready to get rid of all my albatrosses and start fresh, new and pretty! The eighth grade won't know what hit them, when I come to school tomorrow, shining like a gold star, they'll hardly recognize me. I'll make my hair u?ber straight, I'll wear a short yet still respectable dress with a off the shoulder tee over it, some heels, and layers of the finest makeup. Oh, and accessories too! Eee, maybe a cobalt or lapis lazuli nail paint! But I think catcall me yellow, hot an on top pink, lucky star lavender, and you're making me blush are some colors I definitely need to incorporate as well though.
It's not only barbie that's like this, Nicki Minaj is too. And since I'll be famous like her someday I guess I should get a head start. Look out world here I come.
~xoxo, nighty night... ME!~

This is from the POV of an average teen girl, I hope it speaks to you!