Phantom's Creed | Teen Ink

Phantom's Creed

By TheGhost101 GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
TheGhost101 GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"Let that child alone!"--Piccolo, Dragon Ball Z.

“Phantom's Creed”

In a fantasy realm in the universe far far way, there is a world in turmoil, and one man is their only hope. His name is Trinity, and he is an assassin.

“Well, mom and dad, I'm going out...,” said Trinity. “I'll be back in a few hours.”

“Don't take too long,” replied his mother. “Come back by 11:00. Okay?”

“Alright. I'll be back at 11:00, on the dot, I promise.”

“Oh, and Trinity,” said his father. “Please don't get into trouble.”

“Father, I guarantee that I won't get into any trouble. I'll see you later.”

Trinity makes it back to his house. He checks the watch It said “11:05.”

“Aw man, I'm five minutes late,” Trinity gasps in horror. “They're gonna be so mad!”

He opens the door. It was eerily quiet inside. There was blood splattered all over the walls. Trinity heads into the living room, and finds his parents' bodies lying there in a crimson red puddle. He falls to his knees, and starts to shed tears.

“Who did this to you, mom and day?! Why did they do this?! Why?! If I weren't late, none of this would've happened! He starts to sob.

“It's all my fault... it's all my fault....! Noooooooooo.......!”

He continues to cry as he holds his parents' deceased bodies.

After his parents' funeral, Trinity heads back to his home. He slowly creeps up the wooden stairs, and heads to the master bedroom. He rummages through the closet, and accidentally bumps a switch, an a hidden door opens. Trinity walks into what seems to be a sanctuary of all of his father's weapons and gear.

“Father never told me about this...,” Trinity gasps. “With these weapons, I can avenge the death of my parents. I shall put on this garb as I, Trinity, will abide by the code of the Phantom's Creed.”

The rules of the Phantom's Creed are: kill or be killed, no lovers, stay stealthy, and use the weapons to your advantage.

Our hero Trinity is now clad in black, wielding a sword, and ready to slaughter anyone that tries to stand in his way.

Trinity roams the streets of Sin Fantasia, looking for the murderers. A mysterious woman appears. She was dressed in magenta, and wore a mask. She approached Trinity.

“Hey, you. Are you Trinity?”

“Yeah. Who's asking?”

“A friend. The name's Mai. I heard about your parents. I'm sorry.”

“Don't show me pity,” Trinity broodingly replies.

“Oh, it's not pity. Anyway, I know where he is heading next. His name is John Takaheshi. He's gonna be in the heart of the city, during a speech, tomorrow. He'll be the one speaking.”

“Why should I believe you? I don't even know you well enough to trust you.”

“You know me now,” Mai calmly replies. “Meet me in the market district tomorrow, one hour before the speech.” She disappears from Trinity's sight without a trace.

A day later, Trinity is in the market district, waiting impatiently for Mai to show up.

“It's been fifteen minutes! She should have been here by now!”

“Sorry I'm late,” Mai says nonchalantly. “Let's get going. We don't have much time!”

The two of them immediately rush to the speech. With their exceptional free-running skills, they went from building to building in little to no time.

“Here it is,” Mai tells Trinity. “Listen up: the man with the reddish brown hair and blue robes is you target. Strike him when the time is right.”

“What does that mean?”

“Figure it out, you imbecile!”

Below their position is a crowd of people eagerly waiting for Takaheshi, who is a senator. He shows up, fitting the exact description. The crowd cheers in excitement.

“You mean to tell me that the man who killed my parents is a mere politician,” Trinity sighs. “I hate politicians. Bunch of pencil pushers.”

“Don't let looks deceive you, Trinity. Look, he's on stage.”

The senator speaks as the crowd is dead with silence, listening to every word.

“It's time,” Mai whispers.

Trinity heads down to the speech, with his mind on Takaheshi. He easily blends in with the crowd, advancing slowly towards his target. He reaches the front, and he leaps right of it, with his sword drawn. He stabs the speaker, chest first!

“It was you, wasn't it,” Trinity yells as he stands above his parent's executioner. “I want some answers!”

“I didn't kill your family, young man. I sw-swear,” the senator shrieks in fear.

“You're lying! Give me the truth. Otherwise, I'll give you something worse than a stab wound, you decrepit man!”

“Okay, okay! The truth is... I was there, but there were two other men there along with me. The thing is, I didn't kill your parents, they did. I planned the assassination. I also tagged along, but I backed out at the last minute.”

“I see. It wasn't you,” Trinity says in surprise. “Honestly, regardless of your participation, you still don't deserve to live!”

Trinity slays Takaheshi. He sheathes the blood off his sword, and he runs, knowing he had neutralized a person's life, for the sake of his parents. The guards go after him,but they failed to catch him.

Trinity meets Mai at an undisclosed location.

“Are you satisfied,” Mai asks Trinity.

“No, I'm not. He wasn't the one. In fact, there are two other dudes out there.”

“Shoot,” Mai says in disgust. “Well, what are we gonna do?”

“What we'll do is hunt those guys down until the day we die,” Trinity replies in an emotionless passion. I'm not resting until I find those dirtbags!”

Trinity walks away into the darkness, knowing that he was not only a criminal, but a cold-blooded killer as well.

I want to know your thoughts about this story and wheher I should do a sequel to it, if you liked it. Cheers!