Linger | Teen Ink

Linger

January 1, 2013
By SheetsOfSecrets SILVER, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
SheetsOfSecrets SILVER, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never sacrifice what you want, just because someone has a problem with it" - Anonymous
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says 'I'm possible'" - Anonymous


Marlene saw a man. A certain dark yet inviting aura swam around him and his cloaked body. He had a boyishly muscular frame from what she could tell - perhaps that of a soccer player. He couldn't have been a day over nineteen. Marlene's predictions were confirmed when he peeled back his black as midnight velveteen hood.
He had a remarkably thin face. His high, angled cheekbones stuck out prominently from under milky white skin. Despite his pale complexion and unmistakable bone structure, he did not appear in the slightest weak or sickly.
Dun hair cascaded over his eyebrows and tickled his eyelashes in soft, shaggy waves. His eyes were an endless field of hazel. A soft pastel green base blended with muddy specks of blue. They were artfully crafted smudges on a canvas, adding to the always awe-inspiring effect of an artist's work.
A slight smirk played at his berry lips, which were in tantalizing cotrast to his snow whit skin. Where his lips slightly parted, at the gentle upwards curve of his mouth, she caught a glimpse of a strikingly blinding set of teeth. When his enchanting smirk bloome into a dazzling, fluorescent grin, Marlene found herself so transfixed that she forgot to breathe.


The author's comments:
Should I finish? Comment or like if you want part 2