The intolerance of an Angry Rhinoceros. | Teen Ink

The intolerance of an Angry Rhinoceros.

By Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina
Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina

I am an artist bound only for the poet's glory....But only achieve half of the success that my dreams aspire to find, And to what do the whispers tell me of this failure...To what end to they haunt my nightmares...my eternal dark dreams...

Woe for those in which cross paths with the angry rhino but woe nevermore if the intolerance of the angry rhino causes his own demise. Fore in those words a story of truth and a new understanding. It began in late summer 1846, in the savannahs of the great homelands of Africa. Where the exotic creatures roam free and the natives run amuck. One day by the Bengasi River there was a rhinoceros who in which was very thirsty making him very, very angry he wanted something to drink so he went to the river. He saw to many gazelle in the way so he got angry and he stampeded his way through them. In which he killed several of them, but oh well. Once quenched he was hungry he went to the grasslands to feed on the grass, upon arrival there was a fight between hyenas and lions. The rhinoceros charged in and broke it up killing most of them leaving a few alive and running. He ate his grass and then started walking but stopped at the sight of a bird that just landed on his horn. The bird began warning him of a hunter with magic never before seen in this land, but the rhino was intolerant of the bird and sneezed him off. The rhino kept moving and moving until he saw a puny monkey looking thing, except it was white. The rhino thought this was the unfamiliar being the bird spoke of earlier, so the rhino charged in with recklessness and tried to stomp the unfamiliar being down. As soon as he was about to hit him the being moved out of the way and the rhino hit the tree, his horns in which got stuck. Then the being got out a weird piece of equipment and pointed it at the rhinoceros’s head. In which still the rhino wasn’t very sure of what was happening, so he was still confident and had a still everlasting “I am immortal” attitude, even while he died by the musket the hunter shot him with. The rhino died by intolerance and recklessness.

Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
-Mahatma Gandhi