“Happiness” | Teen Ink

“Happiness”

By Poet@heart BRONZE, New Port Richey, Florida
Poet@heart BRONZE, New Port Richey, Florida

Once upon a time, in a land across many oceans, there lived a kingdom. It was once a magnificent land, with a mighty yet kind ruler. It had been a beautiful plentiful land which never ran out of food, had nasty or dangerous weather, they had never even had the term "death" the people lived in utter harmony with each other, it’s not surprising that the kingdom was called Happiness until one dastardly deed happened. For the only rule in the kingdom was do not cross the raging river, into the great unknown. For countless years, no one even thought of committing the crime for the people were already content. Nevertheless, one day a stranger who called himself Deadly crossed the raging river, into Happiness telling of all better places. So finally some of the people decided they wanted to go despite the rule and see the riches Deadly had described. Some of the ruler's helpers went and disobeyed too. They set out across the land together, in a group, some turned back, but in the end Deadly and his seven followers who came to be known as "The seven deadly sins" sloth, lust, envy, pride greed, anger, And gluttony, crossed the raging river, and Happiness was changed forever. The people of happiness changed the name of their world to Pain. For that is what they would feel until the end of their world.
Although Hope would come to save them, they knew not when.

Jack B. said...
Loved it.

hsmom64 said...
I enjoyed your story! Submit more soon.

BucsEagles said...
Great job, Rebekah. I love your allegory.

nonie b. said...
Congratulations! This is a very interesting allegory. Keep up the good work.